When I connect headphones to my DTEK, I cannot increase the volume past the halfway mark.

I have tried closing all open apps using a task manager, tried rebooting the device and even tried a different pair of headphones but still the volume will not increase.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-09-16 02:09 PM
    It's probably the volume safety warning, it locks volume increases until you dismiss it.

If a reset doesn't work you may want to pick another media player, a lot of third party ones suppress the warning
    10-09-16 02:45 PM
    It's probably the volume safety warning, it locks volume increases until you dismiss it.

If a reset doesn't work you may want to pick another media player, a lot of third party ones suppress the warning
    Thanks for replying.

I no longer get the volume warning so perhaps it is an app that is causing the problem.

Shame though. I quite like the media player I use.

10-09-16 02:57 PM
    I just deleted all 3 media players on my app, reboot the phone and sadly, the issue persists.

10-09-16 03:03 PM
    Yeah something is definitely wrong, backup and factory reset would be your best option at this time
    10-09-16 03:04 PM
    Yeah something is definitely wrong, backup and factory reset would be your best option at this time
    I have wiped my phone 3 times and it still isn't working. Well, it works immediately after I wipe the device but after a few hours, it reverts back to the same issue.

Is it a hardware or software issue?

10-12-16 07:07 PM
    Won't be hardware, it's just a software switch
    10-13-16 03:57 AM
    Won't be hardware, it's just a software switch
    I can't seem to trace it to any particular app though.

Maybe a future update to Android will fix the issue.

10-13-16 04:13 PM
    I am having this issue too. It went wrong all of a sudden. Didn't know what happened. I haven't installed any new apps. Any idea what caused this?
    10-22-16 12:39 PM
    I couldn't find a fix so I just went back to my Leap. Shame though because the DTEK50 really is a nice phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 05:56 PM
    I am also facing similar issue. I am hoping some kind of volume reduction bug with October update and have notified blackberry tech. support and provided them with a video of the issue and bug report on my phone and they are working on it and will get an update tomorrow.
    10-31-16 07:38 PM
    Any update?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 04:23 PM
    Hi again, Just to update you guys they haven't got back to me hopefully tomorrow they would. But guess what the problem stopped automatically. I ain't facing the problem anymore, I am using Samsung earphones. I have checked it by restarting the my device and I am getting the " WARNING MESSAGE ". When I was experiencing the issue, I "NEVER" received this warning message. It may also stem from the fact that the problem is related to the app preferences and basically all I did was RESET my app preferences and made sure the draw over apps overlay button is in the "OFF" Position. I think the problem is FIXED, Please check your phones soon. See attached screenshot. I did not do any " FACTORY RESET "Cannot increase volume when headphones plugged in.-screenshot_20161101-164042.jpg Hope this info helps. I am using POWER AMP music player.
    11-01-16 05:45 PM
    Try it with the built in radio app and see if its the same
    11-05-16 12:17 PM
    @Falbo, Yes i just tried it with the radio app as well, I can increase and decrease the volume manually. The volume "DOESN'T" automatically decrease.
    11-05-16 07:35 PM
    It could be the music app you are using and not a fault of the phone.Might be worth trying another music app and see what happens. Just thinking is it the same with youtube?
    11-06-16 03:07 AM
    @falbo, I use Power amp music player and I have no issues with youtube as well, I will try another music player and let you know soon..
    11-08-16 12:05 AM
    I have the same problem in the UK. Get message stating it's a EU volume limitation.( Brexit can't come soon enough). However I had no problems increasing volume with OS10 or my Wileyfox Swift (a British manufacturer) and I don't think I phones have the problem. So come on BlackBerry please explain why you limit the volume to 50% and when you are going to remove it? I want control of my listening levels back.
    11-08-16 04:14 PM
    it worked for me....

restart the phone.. while restarting keep pressing volume increase button..
    volume will increase.
    once phone completely restart, open music app. may be sometimes it shows as it is but keep pressing 2-3 time.
    It will work surly.
    11-23-16 01:03 AM
    Didn't work for me but I'm wondering if the culprit is Wavesmaxxaudio app which channels the sound. That's where I got the EU Regs limiter message. If that's the case does anyone know how to disable that app and employ a substitute that doesn't impose the volume limiter?
    11-23-16 02:54 PM
    Ian, does your device display the "limit exceeded" warning or does your volume control simply not go past the halfway mark?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 04:27 PM
    Volume control won't go beyond half way when headphones plugged in. No message when I try to increase. It just springs back to halfway. However the Wavesmaxxaudio app displays a message about European regulations not permitting headphone volume increase. Only restricts headphone volume. What do you think / recommend?
    11-24-16 07:55 AM
    Hi again, Just to update you guys they haven't got back to me hopefully tomorrow they would. But guess what the problem stopped automatically. I ain't facing the problem anymore, I am using Samsung earphones. I have checked it by restarting the my device and I am getting the " WARNING MESSAGE ". When I was experiencing the issue, I "NEVER" received this warning message. It may also stem from the fact that the problem is related to the app preferences and basically all I did was RESET my app preferences and made sure the draw over apps overlay button is in the "OFF" Position. I think the problem is FIXED, Please check your phones soon. See attached screenshot. I did not do any " FACTORY RESET "Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161101-164042.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	411111 Hope this info helps. I am using POWER AMP music player.
    This has been driving me crazy ever since AT&T pushed down an Android update in February. I had the same basic problem, that I couldn't increase headset volume past about 6 out of 14 or 15 or whatever maximum volume is in Android. But I got a superfine twist. When I tried to increase the volume the Androidapaplicatioin manager/shell/whatever they call it would also crash and restart me back in the lock screen. After about the 500th time, that got pretty old.

I tried reseting app setting and, just like magic, I can increase the volume again, although I do get that warning pop up message that I hadn't seen for the better part of a year.

Thanks.
    Last edited by 123dcp; 03-10-17 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Typo
    5130 likes this.
    03-10-17 10:45 PM
    I haven't experienced that problem. I use the Pi Music Player, and although I get the warning, I can dismiss it and increase the volume. I have an unlocked DTEK50 from Shop BlackBerry. Currently, it is SIM free. If I do acquire a SIM, it will most likely be an at&t goPhone one. I will report back if I observe any changes.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 11:07 PM
  25. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    Volume control won't go beyond half way when headphones plugged in. No message when I try to increase. It just springs back to halfway. However the Wavesmaxxaudio app displays a message about European regulations not permitting headphone volume increase. Only restricts headphone volume. What do you think / recommend?
    Try Neutron music player. It should work.

There's still the warning though.
    03-11-17 04:10 AM
28 12