Is there a way to add different ring tones for different contacts? I can't seem to find this option. Or is there an app to use different led lights?? I might miss this option that z30 offers??

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 06:57 PM
    Is there a way to add different ring tones for different contacts? I can't seem to find this option. Or is there an app to use different led lights?? I might miss this option that z30 offers??

Posted via CB10
    I THINK when you go to a contact - edit - settings, you can set the ringtone there. As for lights, the 50 is stuck with white, as far as I know.
    12-05-16 07:22 PM
    I have added different ringtones to the most frequent callers i get calls from. Even though i wear a smartwatch most times i am out so its easy to see whos calling there are still times i may forget the watch etc. I have made my own morse code ringtones using my own amateur radio and morse key and just tapped out the callers name a number of times so it just repeats it. Does get some strange looks when im out and about especially when i tell a person whos calling before i look.
    Ethynil likes this.
    12-06-16 03:56 AM
    . I have made my own morse code ringtones using my own amateur radio and morse key and just tapped out the callers name a number of times so it just repeats it.
    Outstanding excellent idea! I don't have a station any longer, but I can generate code using an online code generator

The code generator produces a midi file of the code..Can a midi file be made into a ringtone?

I see another code generator produces an MP3 file...which works better for converting to a ringtone?

Tks

dit dit dit dah dit dah
    VA3VH
    Steve
    Last edited by Ethynil; 12-10-16 at 09:33 PM.
    12-10-16 09:19 PM
    Try Zedge from the app store
    12-10-16 10:43 PM
    Yeah, but it's a little odd. I downloaded a bunch of notification sounds from Zedge, and was trying to assign them to contacts. The only way I could do it was by calling up the contacts from my Messenger App, NOT from my contact list. Go to your texts, click on a conversation, and there will be a menu drop down in the upper right, and go to People and Options. One thing though, whatever sounds you use for that contact will be his sound for everything. Texts, email, phonecalls.
    CindyCracker likes this.
    12-11-16 11:12 PM
    Outstanding excellent idea! I don't have a station any longer, but I can generate code using an online code generator

The code generator produces a midi file of the code..Can a midi file be made into a ringtone?

I see another code generator produces an MP3 file...which works better for converting to a ringtone?

Tks

dit dit dit dah dit dah
    VA3VH
    Steve
    Hope you got a few ring tones sorted in cw . Are you ever getting back into the radio.
    73 de 2i0otw
    Paul
    12-17-16 04:28 PM
    Are you ever getting back into the radio.
    Not likely. Sold the station years ago and don't have a practical location to set up another one. Operating from a computer is not what I consider Amateur Radio

Had my share of DX.

Thanks!

12-18-16 05:21 PM