(I meant Convenience button)

First week with the Dtek50. Doing okay, still getting used to it, finally found a case. One thing that really bothers me is the placement of the awake/put to sleep button on the top lefthand side. I loved the button on the top, so easy to press when grabbing the phone, that I miss from the Z10/Z30. This is so awkward. When I press the button I automatically press the adjacent buttons on the opposite side, like a screen shot. I end up just double tapping the screen (which is nice!), but still not as good as just having a dedicated button on top. The utility button would work too... but I don't see how I can assign this to awaken it? is it possible? doesn't seem like it. I hope BB updates to make it possible or just build its own all touch phone.

Anyone else don't like the awake button and find it awkward?
    12-09-16 02:28 PM
    Never use it really. Tap off, tap on.
    12-09-16 02:42 PM
    Don't find the button any problems at all ,even though I'm right handed I always seem to answer the phone with my left hand to hold up to my good ear, this makes it easy to press To end the call. Also have the double touch to wake. As far as I'm aware the convenience key cannot work on a locked screen.
    12-09-16 02:47 PM
    I'm not sure if this position is the best possible position to have the wake-up button. Other brands (used to) have it on same spot. For example Huawei had several phones with button on this spot.
    I got used to it by now, although it indeed isn't that intuitive for me but also for others who pick up my phone.
    On the other hand, if you have your phone in your left hand it is ideally placed for your thumb to press it.
    Using the Convenience button doesn't seem to be a large improvement to me though. I thought I had figured out how it should work but the result is that my phone now is put to sleep when I press the convenience key
    12-09-16 02:57 PM
    As Bla1ze suggested, turn on the advanced interaction for double tap to wake (and to lock) and save a blank space in each of your home screen panels. Double tap on the blank space to lock. Double tap to wake. If you set up the smart lock, you don't even have to unlock your phone most of the time after double tapping to wake.
    12-09-16 09:52 PM
    So if someone double taps your phone when it's setup with smart lock it just opens,no thanks !
    12-10-16 06:39 AM
    So if someone double taps your phone when it's setup with smart lock it just opens,no thanks !
    Depends on how many conditions you allow on SmartLock; also could depend on how the phone was handled, placed, stored or carried to allow another individual's double tap to be recognized.

However, if this is a concern, the problem can easily be resolved by installing an app that provides an app lock that requires a secondary password to activate sensitive apps.

I operate my two DTEK50's this way and have no worries, plus I can enjoy the convenience of SmartLock configured for carrying, location and Bluetooth pairing.
    12-10-16 07:59 AM
    I agree with the smart lock when hooked up to , for example my bluetooth earpiece which I use in the car but I ain't going to start getting other apps to protect sensitive apps while I can just use my screen lock.
    12-10-16 09:43 AM
    I suppose adapting requires a bit of time to become accustomed to where the important buttons are located....much like when you get a new car, a new washing machine...even a new lover.

12-10-16 05:42 PM
    I suppose adapting requires a bit of time to become accustomed to where the important buttons are located....much like when you get a new car, a new washing machine...even a new lover.

Made me smile!
    Ethynil likes this.
    12-11-16 02:35 AM

I'm trying! I'm fumbling and making screenshots accidentally once a day at least. If it doesn't cooperate after a reasonable time I'm going to have to move on to a new lover
    Ethynil likes this.
    12-18-16 10:40 PM
    I got the alcatel idol now and it does exactly this. Solved.
    09-03-17 10:22 PM