Hi all,

I've seen Priv comparisons but I've a Passport. How do the cameras compare?

Thanks,
    JP

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 03:01 AM
    Priv's camera is great, but Passport isn't bad. Spec wise, Priv's is better, but it's nothing like a Galaxy or *shudder* iPhone. Blackberry is generally not known for their cameras, though. Unless you take lots of photos, you probably shouldn't switch unless you want Android.
    09-25-16 09:17 PM
    https://www.dxomark.com/mobiles/blac...the-privileged the Priv Camera actually scores extremely well when looking at this unbiased objective review. Most in the industry have preconceived ideas regarding camera quality and ability. Many ASSume that apple has the best photography because the Commercials say so. The difference is very small, in my humble opinion, between all the premier devices today. If you are very concerned about picture quality, get a nice camera, large lenses and sensors cannot be reproduced in cell phones.

This doesn't answer your question comparing the DTEK 50 and the Passport. Imo they are very close with the DTEK being quickest.

Posted via CB10
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    09-25-16 09:36 PM
    Yea specifically I was talking about the DTEK50 camera and the Passport. Sorry I wasn't more specific. Thank you for the answers guys

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 03:45 PM
    I would rank them similarly, with the edge going to DTEK50 due to newer sensor technology, and the ability to use manual controls.
    DTEK50 would have faster focus and more modern HDR and Low-light processing, but Passport has OIS which can let the shutter speed run a bit longer without starting to blur. I have not compared them side by side though.
    09-26-16 04:18 PM
    I have both and the cameras on the DTEK50 are currently better. If the Passport had some tweaks to its focus speed on the rear camera they would be pretty close. I like the continual updates to the Android camera app.

The DTEK50
    09-27-16 12:22 AM