Just released this morning to the beta testers. Sit tight y'all. Should be only a few more days for all the DTEK50s are updated.
    12-05-16 11:43 AM
    Good news that should keep some happy 😉
    12-05-16 11:49 AM
    Good news that should keep some happy 😉
    But its a nanosecond past the 5th..where's the @?!*+@ security updates?
    12-05-16 03:06 PM
    But its a nanosecond past the 5th..where's the @?!*+@ security updates?
    We're 2 months and 2 updates behind Google phones, not just a nanosecond.
    sidtek50 and MatthiasHannover like this.
    12-05-16 03:31 PM
    Can we skip November, and get the December update instead? heehee. #TeamStillOnOctoberPatch
    MatthiasHannover likes this.
    12-05-16 07:59 PM
    If it's any consolation, I am in the beta group and still waiting for the AAH990 update!
    12-06-16 11:31 AM
    We're 2 months and 2 updates behind Google phones, not just a nanosecond.
    Google phones aren't security hardened.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-06-16 06:07 PM
    I don't care. What converns me is BlackBerry selling the phone on the promise of prompt security updates, and not delivering.
    12-07-16 07:03 AM
    Got my betaupdate yesterday. Hang tight folks.
    12-07-16 11:33 PM
    So it's still just the people in the Beta program that are getting the update?
    12-08-16 05:04 AM
    It says on their blog they release the security patches the same day google releases them.

They have been doing so for the Priv and the Dtek60.

The fact they have not been doing it for the dtek50 after a mere 3 months after launch speaks volumes.

#whatisclassic
    Wmsi and sethr like this.
    12-08-16 06:24 AM
    Can we skip November, and get the December update instead? heehee. #TeamStillOnOctoberPatch
    I think we're hopefully getting the November patch. Look forward to the December patch in February or March.
    12-08-16 07:08 AM
    So it's still just the people in the Beta program that are getting the update?
    I'm not in the beta program and I got the AAH990 update yesterday morning. But security patch level is November 6. Don't know if the reported level is a mistake (it happened before) or we will still be getting a December Security patch update later.
    12-08-16 08:16 AM
    Supposedly will still be a security patch following soon.
    12-08-16 09:50 AM
    It says on their blog they release the security patches the same day google releases them.

They have been doing so for the Priv and the Dtek60.

The fact they have not been doing it for the dtek50 after a mere 3 months after launch speaks volumes.

#whatisclassic
    Hmmm... interesting. The Blog posts of this promise is for Priv for the faster patching cycle.

Beating Expectations: Android Security Patching for PRIV | Inside BlackBerry

This isn't mentioned for the DTEK50.

7 Reasons Why Your Employees Can Work Super-Secure with DTEK50 | Inside BlackBerry

"With DTEK50’s sister device, PRIV, we first established that we deliver Android patches faster than any other device maker, so your users don’t have to wait weeks or months for the latest security updates."

It doesn't specifically say that DTEK50 will be patched faster. Perhaps it is related to the phone being built by a 3rd party.
    12-08-16 12:41 PM
    I'm still stuck on the July '16 patch.

Unlocked BB phone.

Help!

Update1:
    Signed up for beta testing(https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/android/), patiently waiting for the invite(http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ogram-1084390/)!

Update2:
    Got the email invite. Asked me to log in and join the Android M beta for DTEK50. Made me take a survey to submit the serial number of my phone. Will await their next email before proceeding to the next steps.
    Looking good so far(still a little upset I'm stuck on the July 16 normal release channel, but hopefully beta would be more secure) - thanks folks!

Update3:
    General update of Dec 5 2016, was made available, updated, still awaiting email from blackberry beta for the go-ahead to join the beta program
    Last edited by iSh0w; 01-13-17 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Update
    01-11-17 09:09 PM
    Hmmm... interesting. The Blog posts of this promise is for Priv for the faster patching cycle.

Beating Expectations: Android Security Patching for PRIV | Inside BlackBerry

This isn't mentioned for the DTEK50.

7 Reasons Why Your Employees Can Work Super-Secure with DTEK50 | Inside BlackBerry

"With DTEK50’s sister device, PRIV, we first established that we deliver Android patches faster than any other device maker, so your users don’t have to wait weeks or months for the latest security updates."

It doesn't specifically say that DTEK50 will be patched faster. Perhaps it is related to the phone being built by a 3rd party.
    Should I even dignify this post? Nah - i'll just let you keep on believing this.

Enjoy your dtek50.

#whatisclassic
    01-12-17 05:44 AM
    Should I even dignify this post? Nah - i'll just let you keep on believing this.

Enjoy your dtek50.

#whatisclassic
    I am using a Passport so I have annual patch cycle (if any). All I was mentioning is that DTEK50 didn't have the same promise as PRIV regarding patching.
    01-12-17 12:17 PM