[QUOTE=BlackBerryPassport;12520996]
    First off, it's $300 ($200 for the device + $100 for BlackBerry's added security and software).

That's only on pre order ... I am talking about the price when it will launch here in india. It will be 450$ approx

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 11:51 PM
    Samsung Knox received the most "strong" ratings from Gartner, beating both BlackBerry 10 and Blackberry Android: http://www.informationweek.com/mobil...d/d-id/1325145
    Unfortunately that report (methodology, device OS versions, weighting system) is not public information (only a table of contents is public). It's pretty hard to comment. The systems are generally comparable, that's for sure.
    07-26-16 11:52 PM
    Branded as the most secure Android phone-chen-snake-oil-salesman.jpg
    sirius27 and FF22 like this.
    07-27-16 08:10 AM
    You did it, we now have definitive proof of who Chen really is.
    07-27-16 10:25 AM
    Samsung Knox received the most "strong" ratings from Gartner, beating both BlackBerry 10 and Blackberry Android: http://www.informationweek.com/mobil...d/d-id/1325145
    Samsung Knox is secured by BlackBerry. They rely on BlackBerry for security and Chen already said he'll never make another phone more secure then a BlackBerry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    07-27-16 11:23 AM
    An average people who is not an entrepreneur doesn't care for security, BlackBerry was looking to capture the consumer market so they got the price low, if they had targeted high class businessman the price wouldn't be so low. There is no chance Dtek50 would sell hot cake in India at this price, it will have the same fate as Priv which was 930$ when it launched here. And it didn't capture the market.

Posted via CB10
    This phone wasn't designed for the average consumer. It was designed for Corporate Accounts. Blackberry's Corporate users said they need a cheaper alternative to the expensive Blackberry Priv, Samsung Galaxy, and Iphone.

If you want a cheap phone then buy the Moto generation 3. It's only $179.00 US. Plus you can customize it

Posted via the Priv for Android
    07-27-16 11:38 AM
    Samsung Knox is secured by BlackBerry. They rely on BlackBerry for security and Chen already said he'll never make another phone more secure then a BlackBerry.
    I don't think it's true that Knox depends on BlackBerry. Knox devices *can* work with BES12, which is a totally different statement.
    Bbnivende and techvisor like this.
    07-27-16 11:59 AM
    I don't think it's true that Knox depends on BlackBerry. Knox devices *can* work with BES12, which is a totally different statement.
    This is how I understand it too.

BlackBerry worked closely with Samsung to bolster Knox with BES.
    07-27-16 12:15 PM
    At 2:30 they talk about prompt security updates. Hmm, maybe they should check with their Verizon sellers and see how that's going.
    They won't be selling this phone through carriers in the US. That's why they can guarantee fast updates!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 12:56 PM
    Unfortunately that report (methodology, device OS versions, weighting system) is not public information (only a table of contents is public). It's pretty hard to comment. The systems are generally comparable, that's for sure.
    That's true you need Garter account to access the full report. However news outlets have access, such as InformationWeek, and have reported the results. I'm going to trust independent research firms such as Gartner over BlackBerry blogs.

So if it's the same as Priv, no I don't think this will be the most secure Android phone, but it will have very good security.
    07-27-16 04:06 PM
    That's true you need Garter account to access the full report. However news outlets have access, such as InformationWeek, and have reported the results. I'm going to trust independent research firms such as Gartner over BlackBerry blogs.

So if it's the same as Priv, no I don't think this will be the most secure Android phone, but it will have very good security.
    I have no idea as to what bias InformationWeek may have. They revealed absolutely nothing substantive about it either.

I'll believe it when I see it.
    07-27-16 04:25 PM

Security is not a simple, linear thing. I really hope to see some good 3rd party analysis of what BB's enhancements mean in real life. What kinds of attacks are made more difficult?

I wouldn't be surprised if BB is significantly better is some areas. I think if people understand it better, they can think about whether $100/device is a fair price to pay for it.
    07-27-16 05:29 PM
    The things Blackberry has stated they are doing or have to do to Android makes it seem, rightfully so, that Android is insecure by default on every other system.

In terms of absolutes, there may be a hardware chip, but once the OS is running, any file access is game since some superuser has to mount the drives encrypted or not.
    07-27-16 11:20 PM
    Lmfao..... Blackphone 2 is hands down the most secure phone. My blackphone 2 sharts all over my Priv and I use them both daily....
    07-27-16 11:41 PM
    I've had Knox for a couple of years and it has nothing to do with kernel hardening. It just isolates work from personal apps and data and reports if the kernel has been tampered (but doesn't actually prevent tampering any more than a locked bootloader can protect any phone) and does not have the additional features of DTEK.

Blackphone is another matter.

I think DTEK, Knox, and Blackphone are different beasts. It depends on what you are trying to "secure". No?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    melander likes this.
    07-27-16 11:55 PM
    The most secure phone which can make BB Android powered phones to be sold out easier than other Android phones in the various range of smart phone maket.
    07-28-16 12:26 AM
41 12