Blackberry Keyboard on Android is 100% similar to BB10 virtual keyboard on Z10, Z30, Leap, and Z3. I cannot see the difference. Swipe gestures is the best
    11-02-16 04:13 AM
    I'm loving it :-)
    11-02-16 01:21 PM
    I wouldn't say it's exactly the same as the Z30 but it's hard to tell the difference.
    11-02-16 01:47 PM
    I just like to state one of the first things I did after I got the Galaxy Note 7 two months ago was installing the BlackBerry keyboard app, same on my former Galaxy Note Edge. For my(!!!) use it still is the best keyboard app I tried for Android.
    Yes, the mentioned Google Keyboard is verry good too, actually it was my go-to Android keyboard app before BlackBerry.

The nice thing about Android is the ability to customise virtually every aspect of your phone. There are some really, really weird and funky keyboard apps out there. Many of them are free or at least offer basic functionality for free, so you can check them all out without any issues.

Personally I enjoy the Canadian made virtual keyboard. It is optically pleasing, the buttons have the right size, the swiping gestures are well integrated. I have nearly zero complains about it, the only thing I might find annoying: You can't change the long-press times, many other keyboards offer to setup a custom delay for long pressing a key.
    11-06-16 02:12 AM
    I would love to know everyone's comparison with Swiftkey. That�s what I�ve been using for years (since it cost 2 bucks, now it�s free) and I love it.

Cheers
    11-06-16 05:55 AM
    I prefer the blackberry keyboard over swiftkey or touchpal or swype etc. I find its far better with autocorrections and use the swype to delete and select words all the time. Just find myself a lot more efficient with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 09:14 AM
    Having just switched from a passport to a Priv I never thought I would use the VKB, having tried iPhone and Google ones I just hated them. But..the BlackBerry one is awesome , I am using it more and more, then briefly tried a Pixel for comparison....the BlackBerry VKB is absolutely the best for me.
    11-06-16 08:51 PM
    I've been using the BlackBerry virtual keyboard for quite some time now ever since my Z10 Z30 days and I haven't stopped using it on the Priv. The nice thing now it I can switch depending on how long of a message or email needs to be written.

I'd say the only thing I'd like to see with the BlackBerry VKB is the ability to access emoji's. I'm not a social media hungry person but when I am posted on something like instagram, I hate having to switch to the Google VKB in order to access those emoji's. Other then that I think the BlackBerry VKB is amazing.
    11-07-16 06:04 AM
    I've been using the BlackBerry virtual keyboard for quite some time now ever since my Z10 Z30 days and I haven't stopped using it on the Priv. The nice thing now it I can switch depending on how long of a message or email needs to be written.

I'd say the only thing I'd like to see with the BlackBerry VKB is the ability to access emoji's. I'm not a social media hungry person but when I am posted on something like instagram, I hate having to switch to the Google VKB in order to access those emoji's. Other then that I think the BlackBerry VKB is amazing.
    Why couldn't you access emojis? Just long press the dot button and the emoji button will show up. There's also emoji prediction which I started using with the physical keyboard and it works quite well for most things. e.g. you type "lol" and a laughing emoji shows up, "computer" and a computer emoji shows up etc. Works with all kinds of words.
    Is BlackBerry keyboard app really that bad?-screenshot_20161107-182411.jpg
    Is BlackBerry keyboard app really that bad?-screenshot_20161107-182414.jpg
    Is BlackBerry keyboard app really that bad?-screenshot_20161107-182352.jpg
    11-07-16 11:26 AM
    I've used an iPhone, a galaxy s3, and multiple BlackBerry phones, including a Passport. The keyboard on my Z10 is far and away my favorite.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 11:56 AM
    Does the BlackBerry keyboard have swype? I can't remember? I've since returned my BlackBerry androids.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 02:14 PM
    The BlackBerry VKB does offer swipe capability (you just need to turn it on).

Trying to find out how to install the BB VKB on a Google Pixel...
    11-22-16 11:30 PM
    If you just type English, it is one of the best virtual keyboard.
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-23-16 12:02 AM
    I've used a lot of phones. The bb keyboard is the best both on bb10 and on android. Even when I try a non bb phones, this is the first thing I get. Can't type on any other keyboard other than BlackBerry..
    Last edited by vhl71; 11-25-16 at 09:57 AM.
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-24-16 10:34 PM
    Generally speaking the BB keyboard is great, the #1 problem for me is having to either swipe or hit the "shift" button to access symbols. To me this is EXTREMELY annoying, whereas on the Swiftkey keyboard the symbol is visible on the main key and simply a longpress away.

For that reason alone I don't find the BB keyboard to be as efficient as Swiftkey when typing a lot.
    11-25-16 09:46 AM
    You can see here that the symbols are always visible making the use of them really great instead of swiping a couple of pages to find the one you need.
    Attached Thumbnails Is BlackBerry keyboard app really that bad?-3497.jpg  
    11-25-16 09:49 AM
41 12