I didn't see a thread on this topic, might be a good idea to make this a sticky as I'm sure lots of people will be asking in the future.

To Recap:

-I received the phone yesterday at noon and did all my setting up etc. and last night I put it on my regular old BB charger overnight
    -This is the first full day with the device
    -I had the phone in the Smart Flip Case
    -I have Bluetooth/NFC/GPS always on as I always connect devices and I use Google Now with location services
    -Screen is set to adaptive brightness

My observation/Usage today:

-Took phone off charger around 7:45am, phone on Wifi, did a scan of emails in the Hub and Social Media (Facebook/Instagram/Google Now)
    -Left for my 35min drive to work where I listened to an Audio book with Audible using a 3.5mm Audio cable to connect to the car
    -Got to work, phone back on Wifi, couple phone calls, emails/text/bbm/social media etc. as usual
    -Downloaded an app or two
    -3:15pm left to go to an appointment, 40min drive where I used Waze to direct me and I listened to Audible again at the same time
    -Drove home chatted with the wife on Bluetooth for about 10min
    -More Social Media etc.
    -at 6:30pm had a bike race so didn't use the phone for 2 hours just left it in the car
    -After race back home on Wifi, synced my Garmin watch over Bluetooth
    -Took some pics which sync to OneDrive
    -Msgs/social media/etc.
    -By 10:30pm I was down to 10% battery life so took some screenshots of the battery monitor so I could post here

All in all, I'm pretty well satisfied with this personally, especially since it's only the first full day. I mean in reality normally when I drive home I would plug my phone in the car as I have a QC 2.0 charger in there so I assume on my 35min drive home that would top me up enough not to worry for the evening but for today I just wanted to see how it would do.

How are other people seeing the battery life?

08-11-16 10:09 PM
    edit: I don't think the battery is as good as the PRIV I was using but this phone is half the price. Saying that it is only day 3 using it so I'm sure as the PRIV did just get better.
    I'm thinking your results are pretty good based on use and having GPS constantly searching.
    Not sure what you had screen brightness on but that is a day of full use.

Again, I will say this. I think it is a much better phone all around than the iPhone 6 I had for half the cost.

DTEK50 can do anything and more than any phone on the market can do except fingerprint scan. This is truly a best value phone on the market assuming security, DTEK, BlackBerry Productivity Suite and keyboard are important to you.

Posted via my DTEK50
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 08-11-16 at 10:34 PM.
    auditman and Matt J like this.
    08-11-16 10:22 PM
    I'm thinking that is pretty good based on use and having GPS constantly searching.
    Not sure what you had screen brightness on but that is a day of full use.
    Nobody should expect miracles on DTEK50 but that's pretty good for this spec phone.

Again, I will say this. I think it is a much better phone all around than the iPhone 6 and 6s I had for half the cost.

Posted via my DTEK50
    Agreed, and since I'm always driving home from work I can plug in or plug it in while at work etc. which is not really an inconvenience to me.

I tell ya the more I use it the more I'm thinking of cancelling my Note 7 pre-order lol Especially with the size of this phone it's really nice. I do wish there were more case options available like some Otterbox/knockoff types, maybe they will come.
    bunky1971 and CDM76 like this.
    08-11-16 10:33 PM
    I didn't see a thread on this topic, might be a good idea to make this a sticky as I'm sure lots of people will be asking in the future.

To Recap:

-I received the phone yesterday at noon and did all my setting up etc. and last night I put it on my regular old BB charger overnight
    -This is the first full day with the device
    -I had the phone in the Smart Flip Case
    -I have Bluetooth/NFC/GPS always on as I always connect devices and I use Google Now with location services
    -Screen is set to adaptive brightness

My observation/Usage today:

-Took phone off charger around 7:45am, phone on Wifi, did a scan of emails in the Hub and Social Media (Facebook/Instagram/Google Now)
    -Left for my 35min drive to work where I listened to an Audio book with Audible using a 3.5mm Audio cable to connect to the car
    -Got to work, phone back on Wifi, couple phone calls, emails/text/bbm/social media etc. as usual
    -Downloaded an app or two
    -3:15pm left to go to an appointment, 40min drive where I used Waze to direct me and I listened to Audible again at the same time
    -Drove home chatted with the wife on Bluetooth for about 10min
    -More Social Media etc.
    -at 6:30pm had a bike race so didn't use the phone for 2 hours just left it in the car
    -After race back home on Wifi, synced my Garmin watch over Bluetooth
    -Took some pics which sync to OneDrive
    -Msgs/social media/etc.
    -By 10:30pm I was down to 10% battery life so took some screenshots of the battery monitor so I could post here

All in all, I'm pretty well satisfied with this personally, especially since it's only the first full day. I mean in reality normally when I drive home I would plug my phone in the car as I have a QC 2.0 charger in there so I assume on my 35min drive home that would top me up enough not to worry for the evening but for today I just wanted to see how it would do.

How are other people seeing the battery life?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...811-223534.png

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...811-223540.png
    Honestly that's pretty light usage so it will be interesting how the battery lasts for a heavy user. Looks like it will work fine for you though.
    08-11-16 11:57 PM
    Honestly that's pretty light usage so it will be interesting how the battery lasts for a heavy user. Looks like it will work fine for you though.
    Thanks? LOL I just wanted to ensure to be clear of my usage for time period.
    08-12-16 12:10 AM
    Today I pulled the Dtek50 off the charger at 715 am and by 7pm I was down to 10%. I was mostly in WiFi except for about 40 minutes. I had a couple of phone calls, no video playback and no Internet surfing. But i did have BBM / WhatsApp / instagram and twitter going and checked them periodically throughout the day. This was not a typical day as I am usually heavier use than that and my Z30 makes it thru with battery to spare at end of night. So for me this was disappointing especially compared to what the OP had experienced. The phone is outstanding otherwise. It has had some minor hiccups where it won't wake on double tap and once when I was pressing the power button. This is day 2 of use and I think I will return it if the battery doesn't improve considerably.

Sending this from my outstanding Z30 which took over when the Dtek50 battery gave up.

Posted via CB10
    sethr likes this.
    08-12-16 01:08 AM
    Well first you should use your phone at a comparable brightness setting to the Z30 and also check the battery usage for any apps that are keeping your phone awake. Sometimes I have found that BBM can randomly be the top battery usage for some odd reason. I doubt it will beat your Z30, Z30 has a lower screen resolution with a bigger battery and since it's on BB10 it's a lot less chance of some random app draining your phone's battery on standby
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-12-16 01:11 AM
    1st complete cycle; battery life exactly as I expected it to be. Phone configured exactly like my Priv. While not as long as my Priv, the DTEK has enough for a day and then some. Give it 2-3 cycles and hopefully it'll last longer. Looks like 5 hrs SOT is right on the mark with what others have observed.

Battery Life Discussion-screenshot_20160812-091315.jpgBattery Life Discussion-screenshot_20160812-091323.jpg
    Battery Life Discussion-screenshot_20160812-091410.jpg

I would heavily suggest people try out the latest iteration of Greenify; it has an "Aggressive Doze" function which allows Doze to initiate within minutes instead of 30 mins or so. It also has an Instant Doze feature which make it an on-demand function too.

Phone configuration:
    -Greenify (Aggressive Doze) (will try Doze on the Go for the next battery cycle and report back)
    -Screen is usually 15-20%
    -Action 3 Launcher
    -Wifi/HSPA on-time 50:50
    -Bluetooth - Off
    -NFC - Off
    -Stock google wallpaper
    -Productivity Edge - Off
    -Double Tap On - Off
    -Developer Options - All animations "0"
    -Screen off - 1 min
    -Cellular Networks - UMTS/GSM (also known as 4G & 3G)
    -Hub - 2 push accounts, sync interval 30 mins, synced for 14 days
    -Google App Data/Calendar/Chrome/Contacts/Drive/Keep/News&Weather synced
    Last edited by ajwan; 08-12-16 at 02:33 PM.
    sibeans likes this.
    08-12-16 11:39 AM
    Technically speaking, the DTEK50 has 76,5% of the PRIV's battery which means if they all had the same specs it should last about 17 hours of mixed use.

Obviously the DTEK50 has a lower screen resolution as well as a more efficient processor.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    08-12-16 12:10 PM
    Mine isn't doing that well. I lost 20% in 2 hours, and all I did during that time was 5 mins of text messaging, and 10 mins of web/email. Strong 4g and wifi at all times. What's strange is no app is over 5%, and the screen is 50% brightness.
    My question is, is using QuickCharge causing this fast drain? Is there a tradeoff for charging the phone via QuickCharge, such as faster charge but faster drain? If so then I can switch to a regular USB charger. I've ONLY used QC since getting the phone. I remember in the old days car chargers would charge your flip phone very fast but it would drain just as fast so it didn't net out as a good method except for emergencies. What's the deal with QC 2.0?
    sethr likes this.
    08-12-16 12:37 PM
    How does it compare to the priv?
    08-12-16 01:42 PM
    How does it compare to the priv?
    With the same configuration (see previous post), I can usually get two whole days before battery is completely flat. But i usually run my PRIV 80-30% before i recharge.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-12-16 02:32 PM
    This is my second day. Yesterday wasn't really the measuring stick as it was doing a lot of updates and setup.

Today I unplugged it at 7am and currently sitting at 63% at 2.34pm which is quite good.

I've been using it quite regularly with contact emails, whatsapp and crackberry app. I've downloaded a few apps as well during the day and browsed quite a bit

So overall I'm pretty pleased with battery so far

08-12-16 03:35 PM
    1st complete cycle; battery life exactly as I expected it to be. Phone configured exactly like my Priv. While not as long as my Priv, the DTEK has enough for a day and then some. Give it 2-3 cycles and hopefully it'll last longer. Looks like 5 hrs SOT is right on the mark with what others have observed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160812-091315.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	406243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160812-091323.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	406244

Name:	Screenshot_20160812-091410.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	406245

I would heavily suggest people try out the latest iteration of Greenify; it has an "Aggressive Doze" function which allows Doze to initiate within minutes instead of 30 mins or so. It also has an Instant Doze feature which make it an on-demand function too.

Phone configuration:
    -Greenify (Aggressive Doze) (will try Doze on the Go for the next battery cycle and report back)
    -Action 3 Launcher
    -Bluetooth - Off
    -NFC - Off
    -Stock google wallpaper
    -Productivity Edge - Off
    -Double Tap On - Off
    -Screen off - 1 min
    So you've basically crippled the phone.
    08-12-16 05:32 PM
    Really? Merely turned off things i don't need/use or care for most of the time.

CDM76 likes this.
    08-12-16 07:07 PM

Name:	Screenshot_20160812-091315.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	406243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160812-091323.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	406244

Name:	Screenshot_20160812-091410.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	406245

Phone configuration:
    -Action 3 Launcher
    -Bluetooth - Off
    -NFC - Off
    -Stock google wallpaper
    -Productivity Edge - Off
    -Double Tap On - Off
    -Screen off - 1 min
    I'll stay away from greenify and let doze and built in batt optimization does it work for now.
    Matt J likes this.
    08-12-16 07:15 PM
    I love everything about the phone and the way the hub works on Android but decided to return it as the battery life was unacceptable. I am getting 10-12 hours on the battery and it is not even the weekend where I use the phone more. I will look long and hard at the next BlackBerry offering as there were so many things right about this phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 07:18 PM
    I love everything about the phone and the way the hub works on Android but decided to return it as the battery life was unacceptable. I am getting 10-12 hours on the battery and it is not even the weekend where I use the phone more. I will look long and hard at the next BlackBerry offering as there were so many things right about this phone.

Posted via CB10
    That's why you get a free battery pack!
    bunky1971 likes this.
    08-12-16 07:24 PM
    LOL...might as well leave the phone turned off and only turn it on when you need it.
    auditman and fogscreen like this.
    08-12-16 08:02 PM
    Really? Merely turned off things i don't need/use or care for most of the time.

No I get that but if you have to do all of that to get decent battery life then the battery life on the phone is pretty bad.
    08-12-16 08:12 PM
    All of my phones are always on minimum 80% brightness, with all radios turned on whether I need them or not (LTE), auto dimming or adaptive display off & all 5 email accounts on push and I still manage to get to the end of the day usually with 40 to 50 % left on the battery although I would consider myself a moderate user and not a heavy user.
    08-12-16 10:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Battery always takes a few days to work in on any phone but I guess too late now for you to even wait.

Posted via my DTEK50
    auditman and sethr like this.
    08-12-16 10:05 PM
    The screen is key. BlackBerry is used to dealing with LCD screens so the signature white background with light blue and yellow accents uses a lot more battery on an AMOLED than a dark theme. BlackBerry needs to add the option.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-12-16 10:07 PM
    All of my phones are always on minimum 80% brightness, with all radios turned on whether I need them or not (LTE), auto dimming or adaptive display off & all 5 email accounts on push and I still manage to get to the end of the day usually with 40 to 50 % left on the battery although I would consider myself a moderate user and not a heavy user.
    what phone is that? I probably get that on passport but not on android devices.
    sethr likes this.
    08-13-16 12:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    you did get the external battery right?
    08-13-16 12:03 AM
125 123 ...