Why does my dtek 50 keep hiding some of my apps every now and again ? Like 5/6 are not longer on my home screen
    02-12-17 10:25 AM
    Are they legitimate apps or just add ons to existing apps? Are you using a launcher?
    02-12-17 11:01 AM
    Are the apps store on so card?
    02-12-17 11:46 AM
    Are they still missing after you restart the phone?
    02-12-17 02:46 PM
    Why does my dtek 50 keep hiding some of my apps every now and again ? Like 5/6 are not longer on my home screen
    Sometimes this happens after an update as well. Not sure if that's what you mean
    02-12-17 07:40 PM
    My Priv does that from time to time. They are either back in the app drawer or on the last page of your home screens. No rhyme or reason to it but it usually happens after turning the phone off or restarting. Just have to look for them and move them back. I took screen shots of my home screens so I can figure out which ones were missing and know what to look for.
    Ethynil likes this.
    02-12-17 09:17 PM
    Yeah for some unknown reason they end up in the app draw
    02-13-17 01:11 PM
    Because of this thread, I discovered if you open the apps from the centre button on the bottom first screen, you can restore them onto your home screen. You have to hold the app with your finger and slide it into the empty spot where it used to live. Thanks for helping me with this too!!!
    02-15-17 11:07 AM
    the centre button on the bottom first screen,
    That is the App Drawer..looks like a button with six dots.

FYI, by placing an app icon on top of another one, you can create a folder that will hold two or more apps. You can customize the folder by naming it to identify its contents.

You can also access widgets, wallpapers and shortcuts for your screens by long pressing on a blank space on your home screen.
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-15-17 05:03 PM
    This happens with other Android phones as well, I guess it's just a small annoyance. I have a Nexus 5 in addition to DTEK50 and it happens on both phones but not with every app. Only some apps do this.
    Ethynil likes this.
    02-16-17 09:09 AM
    They are either back in the app drawer or on the last page of your home screens. No rhyme or reason to it but it usually happens after turning the phone off or restarting. Just have to look for them and move them back. I took screen shots of my home screens so I can figure out which ones were missing and know what to look for.
    I like your idea of saving a screenshot to recall placement of app icons. Doesn't help if apps are stored in folders on the homescreen though, particularly if the folder contains more than four apps.

I wonder if the random nature of those disappearing app icons has to do with a setting that some app developers incorrectly set resulting in the inability of those apps to remain on the screen following updates and reboots.
    02-16-17 11:27 AM