I keep reading about it and am just wondering if I did something to prevent the update. I usually have bad luck with these updates (my fossil q watch didn't get the android wear 2.0 update announced over a week ago either). The weird thing is that my google app updated twice in the past week but I still don't have assistant.

I'm on Fido, if that matters.

Thanks.
    03-23-17 01:20 PM
    Ok... anyone anywhere not get the update? Or am I the only one?
    03-24-17 12:03 AM
    Germany ! Did not receive anything yet
    03-24-17 01:12 AM
    The Update is serverside. It has nothing to do with an updated Google App.
    03-24-17 07:12 AM
    I have the DTEK50 in Vancouver, BC and I am on Virgin Mobile. No google assistant yet.
    03-25-17 08:08 PM
    BlackBerry Priv, Toronto, still didn't get Google Assistant either.
    03-26-17 10:45 PM
    I keep reading about it and am just wondering if I did something to prevent the update. I usually have bad luck with these updates (my fossil q watch didn't get the android wear 2.0 update announced over a week ago either). The weird thing is that my google app updated twice in the past week but I still don't have assistant.

I'm on Fido, if that matters.

Thanks.
    Today conite on another thread about google assistant, told me to switch my DTEK50 to English US versus English Canada. It worked. You can read the thread. It is just called Google Assistant on DTEK50 forum. It took a couple of hours, and then all of sudden I have google assistant.
    03-29-17 08:56 PM
    Today conite on another thread about google assistant, told me to switch my DTEK50 to English US versus English Canada. It worked. You can read the thread. It is just called Google Assistant on DTEK50 forum. It took a couple of hours, and then all of sudden I have google assistant.
    Thanks, I read that thread and tried changing the language on my phone to US English about 9 hours ago now... and still no Google Assistant.

Oh well... I still don't have the Android Wear 2.0 update on my watch either. So I guess it's personal? Lol jk
    04-02-17 11:53 PM
    When it arrives, it is very subtle in my experience. I got some little message with the google app that asked for my device pin# and I entered it and then I think I had to practice the "ok google" for voice recognition. But nothing looked very different at all.
    04-03-17 11:51 AM
    When it arrives, it is very subtle in my experience. I got some little message with the google app that asked for my device pin# and I entered it and then I think I had to practice the "ok google" for voice recognition. But nothing looked very different at all.
    Thanks, I know. I actually got it on my old htc one m8 like three weeks ago lol. I was just wondering why my dtek hasn't gotten it yet, as it's my main phone right now.
    04-03-17 05:15 PM
    I am in Toronto and I got GA on my dtek50 now
    kitmo likes this.
    04-04-17 03:43 PM
    Oh yeah, I forgot to update this thread. I got assistant about a day after I changed the language. And I got android wear 2.0 on my watch the same day! Great day for updates (which is supremely rare for me...)
    04-11-17 10:13 PM
    I'm an hour out of Vancouver, I've had assistant for quite a while now.
    04-14-17 01:23 PM