Like Tree11Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Prairiepaws View Post
    With the new 7.1 OS coming
    Bell released the 7.1 update for the 9900 and 9810 a week or so ago but nothing in sight for the 9380, which makes me wonder if it will be forthcoming at all. They even released 7.1 for the 9360 prior to these devices. I'm happy with the phone anyway but the 7.1 update would be nice to have, but I don't like to install leaked OS versions.
    Thanked by:
    DrBit2011 (08-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by andy957 View Post
    Well since I wasn't eligible for an upgrade, I had to buy the phone outright for $375 (CA) plus 13% tax so it was expensive but worth it. I like that it's so light, slim, and sleek, great for just throwing in my shirt pocket and using for email/txt and some other things when out for the evening.

Good luck.
    Thanks, I still want to see it and experience it in person and then decide to take the plunge.
    TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Newbie

im get this phone....but um donno why my phone can't connect bis services

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by _MissV_ View Post
    Thanks, I still want to see it and experience it in person and then decide to take the plunge.
    Too late, MissV, The all-touch Bell BlackBerry Curve 9380 reaches "end of life status" | MobileSyrup.com.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Awww, that sucks
    TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BACK-2-BLACK View Post
    Somehow I totally DISAGREE.

I couldn't be happier with the performance.

The 9380 is exactly what I was looking for.... Slick, very elegant and high end looking, Compact, touchscreen phone with the right specs for me.

Everyone that sees my phone, say "WOW, what phone is that?"
    Looks wicked, they see how snappy it performs, nice crisp vibrant screen, the amount of apps I got on it, etc.

It slips into my pocket, with the elegant tapered edges, smaller/thinner than most touchscreens and goes unnoticed. I don't need an f'en backpack or those holsters that would end up giving me a limp just to lug it around like most phones nowadays.

I wanted a small, nice touch screen that performed and this was PERFECT.

I don't need it for games, or watching videos and crap like that (even though it is more than capable for such things)..... But if I need to look something up on the web, take a good res pic, listen to my music at the gym or check some bank account info... it does the job perfectly.... And it's compact and very stylish.

I got mine unlocked, a 2gb card, bnib on craigslist for under $300 when it first came out.

Sure, for $100 more, I could of got a 98xx phone.... But I didn't want a bigger phone with beefier specs in things I didn't actually need in a phone. That is the trend though, bigger screens, faster processors, brighter phones.... To do what? Play games? Watch movies? Say that you can download a million apps that you end up deleting after the first 5 min but feel good knowing that you have that option "just in case you need it" ?..... lol.
    Sorry, not me.

People get caught up in the hype, and if they don't have dual or quad core, with a huuuuuge amoled screen, you ain't cool.

I guess you have to ask yourself .... do I Actually need a phone to derive Gaussian elimination principles (with a 3D graph module) from first principles , in 2 secs, just by speaking to it.... and have it speak back to me so that I can feel all warm and fuzzy? if so, this phone isn't for you.... just saying.

The only thing I would like to see... is an onscreen back button and onscreen call/end call buttons and a charging dock so when it sits on my desk I have perfect viewing angle for my bbms, alarms, emails/msgs....

Like with most BB devices, that are actually quite good, the advertising is weak and most people just follow the cheese... so most people wont care for this phone as it doesnt have the marketing or the best possible specs imagineable for an ENTRY LEVEL phone...

Former iphone user.
    Peace
    Very well said mate. I too am looking at this phone to upgrade from my current, lets be honest, crap Curve 8520. My phone seems to hang quite a bit sometimes and the trackpad has also given me issues to the extent that I had to open the phone and do my own "fix" to get the trackpad working properly. The one thing that solves the constant "hourglassing" is to clear all BBM chats and then its okay again. Was also looking at the Torch 9810 as I've never had an all-touchscreen phone before, but after seeing the price of the Torch I said no way will I pay so much for a phone. I'm not looking at getting a phone on contract, I prefer paying cash for Pre-paid.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

I dont think RIM advertised this enough. Either way, it seems like a mini torch 9860. I guess this is good for someone who likes texting on a nice compact touch screen.

This device isnt for me though

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BACK-2-BLACK View Post
    Somehow I totally DISAGREE.

I couldn't be happier with the performance.

The 9380 is exactly what I was looking for.... Slick, very elegant and high end looking, Compact, touchscreen phone with the right specs for me.

Everyone that sees my phone, say "WOW, what phone is that?"
    Looks wicked, they see how snappy it performs, nice crisp vibrant screen, the amount of apps I got on it, etc.

It slips into my pocket, with the elegant tapered edges, smaller/thinner than most touchscreens and goes unnoticed. I don't need an f'en backpack or those holsters that would end up giving me a limp just to lug it around like most phones nowadays.

I wanted a small, nice touch screen that performed and this was PERFECT.

I don't need it for games, or watching videos and crap like that (even though it is more than capable for such things)..... But if I need to look something up on the web, take a good res pic, listen to my music at the gym or check some bank account info... it does the job perfectly.... And it's compact and very stylish.

I got mine unlocked, a 2gb card, bnib on craigslist for under $300 when it first came out.

Sure, for $100 more, I could of got a 98xx phone.... But I didn't want a bigger phone with beefier specs in things I didn't actually need in a phone. That is the trend though, bigger screens, faster processors, brighter phones.... To do what? Play games? Watch movies? Say that you can download a million apps that you end up deleting after the first 5 min but feel good knowing that you have that option "just in case you need it" ?..... lol.
    Sorry, not me.

People get caught up in the hype, and if they don't have dual or quad core, with a huuuuuge amoled screen, you ain't cool.

I guess you have to ask yourself .... do I Actually need a phone to derive Gaussian elimination principles (with a 3D graph module) from first principles , in 2 secs, just by speaking to it.... and have it speak back to me so that I can feel all warm and fuzzy? if so, this phone isn't for you.... just saying.

The only thing I would like to see... is an onscreen back button and onscreen call/end call buttons and a charging dock so when it sits on my desk I have perfect viewing angle for my bbms, alarms, emails/msgs....

Like with most BB devices, that are actually quite good, the advertising is weak and most people just follow the cheese... so most people wont care for this phone as it doesnt have the marketing or the best possible specs imagineable for an ENTRY LEVEL phone...

Former iphone user.
    Peace
    Totally agree with you on everything you said this is the EXACT same set of reasons why i bought mine also. and the next thing is just like the Gemini (curve 8520) it's a unique blackberry as it is the first and only touchscreen curve released, just like the 8520 was the first and only blackberry with dedicated media keys.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,844 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B1173CD

Quote Originally Posted by Vado19 View Post
    Totally agree with you on everything you said this is the EXACT same set of reasons why i bought mine also. and the next thing is just like the Gemini (curve 8520) it's a unique blackberry as it is the first and only touchscreen curve released, just like the 8520 was the first and only blackberry with dedicated media keys.
    What about the 9300 Curve and 9100 Pearl
    OniBerry likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

There was really no reason for this phone to exist. They really did put out too many os7 models.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask me :)

I believe the full/half touch devices are expensive for an outright purchase without any subsidies and this model is a compact nice looking decent spec device for the new comer like me trying out the blackberry for the 1st time. Btw I'm almost ready to order this next week
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playbookster View Post
    There was really no reason for this phone to exist. They really did put out too many os7 models.
    I agree, they should made a Torch 9860 and a Bold 9900 and maybe later a cheap device such as the 9320.. no need for the 9790 and the 9380.. so much phones at once, they should put all the work for the Bold 9900 and Torch 9860 (making them much more advanced and stable).
    CrackBerry User

"Like, seriously" - would be my two cents answer corresponding to this thread's title

Gotta say i am so far a happy 9380 user. my first berry was 8320 back in mid 2008, and then switch onto a 9700 when it came out in 2009. bold 9700 was one mighty device and the fact that the OS had also became upgradable to OS6 (despite the lags and memory leaks) but still it was definitely one very powerful and reliable device.
    I am now using the 9380 and the first reason why i chose this phone over the other OS7 devices is because of its price range and all the features in it. second is because i wanted to have different "feel" or new experience(to me) using the touch screen rather than the conventional physical qwerty which i have been using on my previous berrys. my confession to this, yes of course it is better to type on a physical qwerty
    Other considerations are the larger and rather impressive touch screen and the fun of using it when comes down to media apps (cameras, watching youtube videos, etc). one thing i do regret is the fact that RIM did not include the AF feature on its 5MP camera which i would consider as the only major downside on 9380.
    The other reason for me to get 9380 aside from wanting some changes/transitions post my 9700 day which i have been using for a good 3 years is really just to get a taste of OS7 before perhaps switching onto the BBX device later this year or next year
    Unlocked Curve 9380 running on ISAT OS 7.1.0.569
    Unlocked AT&T/Jailbroken iphone 3G OS 4.2.1
    Jailbroken ipod touch 2nd Gen OS 4.2.1
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    outdated UI
    not enough apps
    It's 7.1, how is that outdated
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    296C1AA2

Default Felt Bad.

I totally agree. The worst part is, during registration in Crackberry, Curve 9380 isn't on the list and should be specified

I am a first time BlackBerry user. I am just delighted with my Curve 9380. I do all my email, social networking seamlessly. In fact, this Berry has made me a BlackBerry loyalist! It fits into my budget also.

I stand by this model!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    899 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _MissV_ View Post
    Awww, that sucks
    You can also buy one directly from RIM. They come unlocked so you can just swap sim cards. Thats what I did.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    29D9976C

I've seen both 9360 and 80, they are latest BB 7 curves, but, there is a difference, the display of 9360 is a bit advanced than that of 9380 in pixels form.
    I'm happy with my 9360
    CrackBerry User

Heavily Understated but very capable
    CrackBerry User

I like mine smartphone,but it doesn't mean that blackberry curve 9380 smartphone is not good,it is also a nice smartphone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #45  

Default Re: Why doesnt anyone get this phone?

Agree 100% on the to many os 7 devices
    Canada BBM Channel C001234A4
    CrackBerry User

Hi
    I've just joined the forum and saw this thread. I have bought the 9380 because of the PDA function. My PDA wouldn't sync with win 7 so I looked at smartphones and few of them managed to do customised re-occurences in the calendar.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ride this rocket!

I got the 9380 as a replacement for my 9550 (free upgrade through my company). I was given the choice of this or the bold touch. this one had a shorter upgrade period so I went with it. Its a nice phone. The 7.1os is a little laggy but nothing compared to the 9550 on OS5. of course now that the Z10 is out in Canada I'm wishing I would have waited it out. On the other hand i get to watch the Developments over the next six months (Q10, PB10, Aristo, etc) and I'll have a few more options when its time to upgrade again.
    8820 -> 9550 -> 9380. PB 1.0 -> PB2.1 -> PB??
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #48  

Default Why doesnt anyone get this phone?

I just ordered a new screen to replace my cracked screen can't wait to fix my 9380 and get to use it again!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Laggy, or maybe my friend is right because I'm an iPhone user and got used to faster response and higher processor.
    My current version is 7.0.0 tried to download updates but shows "Your BlackBerry is up to date." how can I update to 7.1?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #50  

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Joseph View Post
    Laggy, or maybe my friend is right because I'm an iPhone user and got used to faster response and higher processor.
    My current version is 7.0.0 tried to download updates but shows "Your BlackBerry is up to date." how can I update to 7.1?
    Hook up your phone to desktop manager and try through that.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12