Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why doesnt anyone get this phone?

It is such a nice phone the screen is nice and texting is easy on the screen. It's small compact and great.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts

outdated UI
    not enough apps
    BlackBerry Diva

No themes either. I'm waiting.
    CrackBerry User

This has been mentioned all over but ill say it again. Advertizing. Maybe its just where i live but when i was due for a update, i started looking online and my carriers website. I wanted to buy one outright but with a price cap in mind. I had settled on one till i went in and found out they were out of stock. I looked at their line up and found the one i have now. I asked the sales lady when did this come out and she said 'oh well we've had that for quite awhile now'. At about $380 i was sold. I've had no problems with it so far. But common, if your putting out a new phone would it not make sense to come out with accessories at the same time? Again maybe its just where i live. At the rate i should get an otter box in about 3-4 years haha. As for themes its true still waiting but i really dont need them and yes as for apps there are a few that will not work on mine. Some have stepped up and included my model but other are lacking or it could be maybe this one is not worth their time
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

Actually 800mhz touchscreen blackberry scares me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    PIN
    Yup I like you too...

Default Pretty simple math calculation for me

I'm with Telus,

The 9860 is now 49.00 $ on a 3 year contract

The 9380 is 29.00 on a 3 year contract.

For 20 dollars more you get:

Bigger screen,
    HD recording camera
    Faster processor.

To me that seals the deal.

However I ever break my phone after the warranty I might get the 9380 for full price since it's soo cheap.
    BlackBerry Diva

I was going for the 9380 because it is cheaper. I wanted to try it and see if I can get
    used to using a touchscreen only phone.
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

why? because at&t doesn't have it.but this curve 9380 seems more like a storm 9530 in comparison.its an entry model.but at&t already has torches so don't see it selling that well if they carried it.
    {"for better for worse,for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health,cherish,and to obey,trust u and respect u,love you faithfully good times and bad times,care and protect u,comfort and encourage,stay with for all eternity"}
    _american in the usa_
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

This phone would sell with proper advertising, RIM did quite a bit of advertising with the Bold 9900 series and that is by far the most successful BlackBerry 7 device to date in terms of sales generated. The 9380 is still a fantastic phone, its the same as the 9360 (What I use) except it has a touchscreen instead of the keyboard.
    Banned

PIN
    = | = :niϤ

because if i spend a few $$ more then I will get a version that has better overall specs!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    Somehow I agreed.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    outdated UI
    not enough apps
    How can BB OS7 be outdated? It was just recently released and is on other BBs, as I'm sure you know.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

Quote Originally Posted by 4one1 View Post
    because if i spend a few $$ more then I will get a version that has better overall specs!
    That's not the point of the Curve series. Some people need the lower cost because of the following reasons:

1. No carrier subsidy
    2. Don't need full out specs of Bold series
    3. Buying outright instead of contract
    4. Buying outright to hold off until BB10
    5. Not everyone can afford the higher end
    6. Work phone, no choice

So for these reasons and many more, the BlackBerry Curve has always been RIMs best selling line of BlackBerry devices.
    Mr_Comet likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    Somehow I totally DISAGREE.

I couldn't be happier with the performance.

The 9380 is exactly what I was looking for.... Slick, very elegant and high end looking, Compact, touchscreen phone with the right specs for me.

Everyone that sees my phone, say "WOW, what phone is that?"
    Looks wicked, they see how snappy it performs, nice crisp vibrant screen, the amount of apps I got on it, etc.

It slips into my pocket, with the elegant tapered edges, smaller/thinner than most touchscreens and goes unnoticed. I don't need an f'en backpack or those holsters that would end up giving me a limp just to lug it around like most phones nowadays.

I wanted a small, nice touch screen that performed and this was PERFECT.

I don't need it for games, or watching videos and crap like that (even though it is more than capable for such things)..... But if I need to look something up on the web, take a good res pic, listen to my music at the gym or check some bank account info... it does the job perfectly.... And it's compact and very stylish.

I got mine unlocked, a 2gb card, bnib on craigslist for under $300 when it first came out.

Sure, for $100 more, I could of got a 98xx phone.... But I didn't want a bigger phone with beefier specs in things I didn't actually need in a phone. That is the trend though, bigger screens, faster processors, brighter phones.... To do what? Play games? Watch movies? Say that you can download a million apps that you end up deleting after the first 5 min but feel good knowing that you have that option "just in case you need it" ?..... lol.
    Sorry, not me.

People get caught up in the hype, and if they don't have dual or quad core, with a huuuuuge amoled screen, you ain't cool.

I guess you have to ask yourself .... do I Actually need a phone to derive Gaussian elimination principles (with a 3D graph module) from first principles , in 2 secs, just by speaking to it.... and have it speak back to me so that I can feel all warm and fuzzy? if so, this phone isn't for you.... just saying.

The only thing I would like to see... is an onscreen back button and onscreen call/end call buttons and a charging dock so when it sits on my desk I have perfect viewing angle for my bbms, alarms, emails/msgs....

Like with most BB devices, that are actually quite good, the advertising is weak and most people just follow the cheese... so most people wont care for this phone as it doesnt have the marketing or the best possible specs imagineable for an ENTRY LEVEL phone...

Former iphone user.
    Peace
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 03-04-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ahmad Shafik Othman (01-31-2013),  vegetto_456 (09-30-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I like mine, too....
    Jules - gadget girl and aspiring geek
    The plural of anecdote is not evidence
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

@BACK-2-BLACK I thought your post was excellent, until I got to the "gay crap" comment.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by stevebos27 View Post
    It is such a nice phone the screen is nice and texting is easy on the screen. It's small compact and great.
    I totally agree. For the phone that it is, it's among the best.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

I also like this phone, does everything well, never gives me any problem. Nicely designed so much easier to type or use with one hand compared to the 9860. Overall one of the best BB out right now, RIM should market this little gem.

i do everyting with it, youtube, browse, music, phone calls, email etc.. Some of my friends that have other markee phones are suprised and impressed with the BB os7 technology but had no idea at all! they thought it was only for texting and emails!?!?

This phone does deserve better.
    CrackBerry User

With the new 7.1 OS coming with Hot Spot, FM radio and now easier access to NFC, battery saving mode, payment and billing access with a credit card or Paypal, now USB smart dock setup, Blackberry device analyzer (i don't remember seeing this one before the upgrade) Calling over Wi-Fi, Voice-activated universal search.

Way more than what i need but I'm not complaining I thought this phone was good when i got it and now it's great
    Thanked by:
    iluminameluna (08-19-2012) 
    iluminameluna likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I wish I could see this phone in action.
    TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

@Miss V, well I noticed that Bell has already removed it from their listings. I guess it was a sales dud. Unfortunate, as it's a great device!
    CrackBerry Abuser

That sucks. Hopefully they'll still be around the next time I'm in Canada.
    TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

@Miss V, check this out:

blackberry curve 9380 | eBay
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have been stalking them on eBay lol. And I wish I had it like that to spend that kind of money on it. They don't even have them starting off at $1 to make me feel like I have a shot at winning it lol
    TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by _MissV_ View Post
    I have been stalking them on eBay lol. And I wish I had it like that to spend that kind of money on it. They don't even have them starting off at $1 to make me feel like I have a shot at winning it lol
    Well since I wasn't eligible for an upgrade, I had to buy the phone outright for $375 (CA) plus 13% tax so it was expensive but worth it. I like that it's so light, slim, and sleek, great for just throwing in my shirt pocket and using for email/txt and some other things when out for the evening.

Good luck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast