- CrackBerry User
- 17 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Sync and backup
What is the difference between a sync and a back up? Could either be used in the case of putting my stuff onto a new phone in the case of losing or seriously damaging the one I have?
- 01-13-13, 09:43 AM #2
Backup creates a backup of all your settings, messages, internal memory etc to a file on your computer. It does NOT backup a micro sd card. You can use this backup file to restore your data to a new or replacement phone.
Syncing can synchronise your calendar, contacts notes etc between your phone and a supported PIM program such as Outlook or Lotus Notes. This allows you to maintain a calendar on your phone a day pc and keep them both up to date and in sync. It also allows you to download any photos or videos taken on your phone to your PC and you can also configure it to copypictures, music and videos from your PC to your phone.
- By Newman9365 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 1Last Post: 08-11-11, 12:15 PM
- By HeavyComponent in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-08, 02:39 PM
- By gravy11 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-29-07, 10:02 AM
- By Glossboy in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 0Last Post: 10-25-07, 12:12 PM
- By rgspencer in forum Mac UsersReplies: 2Last Post: 09-28-07, 05:47 PM