Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry 9380 curve Orlando pics

Thanked by 2:
    iceblu (10-29-2011),  PagerRocka (08-12-2011) 
    PagerRocka likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I had been wondering what was happening with this device. I thought RIM had maybe scrapped it, as there hadnt been any leaks since we first heard about it via the 2011 roadmaps back in jan
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,612 Global Posts

Thanks for the pics OP. Do you have any information on what US carriers might be getting this? Any spec info you can share? Do you like it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Amazing

This phone looks awesome it seems RIM are really doing away with charging points though. A shame as it stopped wear and tear on the USB ports
    CrackBerry User

Since this is the orlando, it's possible this blog post was wrong and there will not be a touch screen/qwerty curve

BlackBerry orlando - A Curve Touch with a physical keyboard?! | CrackBerry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

so what is the difference between this and the Torch 9850/60?

other then the physical design of it...meaning the buttons are not sticking up, and the physical shape...
    CrackBerry Abuser

WOW someone got their hands on this device ! lucky person but i do still think the 9900 is the device for me
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mz7590 View Post

other then the physical design of it...meaning the buttons are not sticking up, and the physical shape...
    too the eye the phone looks smaller but that may just be me, after all this will be a budget version of the torch in the curve line
    Last edited by CrackersB21; 08-12-2011 at 08:50 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,726 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mz7590 View Post

i believe the curve is smaller... along the lines of the storm.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    27F6454D

Don't forget the curve's are "low end" models.

I'm guessing they won't have the same processor or memory built in.
    Some other features might have been left out.

We'll have to wait and see
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Delil View Post
    Don't forget the curve's are "low end" models.

I'm guessing they won't have the same processor or memory built in.
    Some other features might have been left out.

We'll have to wait and see
    i think this phone will share the same internal specs as the curve 9360
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

Maybe its just a touch blackberry for T-Mobile and other carriers who are not getting the torch.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

i would buy this phone over the new torch models, specs are similar but this has a smaller physical size, nice!
    a killer blackberry would make me waffles after exiting bedside mode
    CrackBerry User

Think what you want but I believe this picture is a fake. Both images are photoshoped, printed and photographed. The bezel isn't straigt because the paper the picture is printed on is waved. Even if the final device will look like this these explicit two images are fakes in my oppinion.
    CrackBerry Genius

Bold Touch, Curve Touch, Torch Touch. Jeez RIM make A touch screen phone and a qwerty keyboard phone already!

No wonder you have so many problems supporting your hardware. You have way too many models with the same basic form factors and so consequently way too many OS's and release levels for them.

The cost to support these must be huge! Get back to basics already. You don't see APPL with a dozen models. There may be 15 Android models, but they are NOT from one company.

How can you expect your development and support people to keep up with this, let alone your customer base?
    Taking the world by Storm(2)!
    Unlocked 9550
    Banned

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

nice looking phone, wonder it it will also have NFC
    CrackBerry Newbie

am i the only one that's on t mobile waiting for the 9900/9930 'which ever one we are going to get' that's waiting for a confirmed arrival date? some1 any1 tell me the date plz
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

this looks nicer than the torch, I think they really messed up with those buttons.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I don't want to think these are fakes but wouldn't the phone say "insert sim card" on the top? Or does the lack of that, assuming it's real, suggest a cdma phone?

Either way I would love for this phone to be a reality and come to T-Mobile. I really loved the Storm series and this looks to be just like it minus surepress. Wait...why would they call it a curve then....hmm...so many questions this picture stirs up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mobile network is switched to off

CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dkingsf View Post
    Bold Touch, Curve Touch, Torch Touch. Jeez RIM make A touch screen phone and a qwerty keyboard phone already!

No wonder you have so many problems supporting your hardware. You have way too many models with the same basic form factors and so consequently way too many OS's and release levels for them.
    You have the three main os7 models that all use basically the same code, but they are not being arrogant enough to expect everyone to all like the same form factor, seems like a smart move since the mobile phone market is more than big enough to cope with that.

As far as the curves, in a lot of countries these are sold off-contract as a pay as you go phone and are very popular so it also makes sense for them to have a lower end range of products, taking the uk as an example most of the carriers are still selling the 8520 alongside the 9300 because blackberries sell well enough as payg that they want a range, so the combination of the 9360 and this model is a very smart move by Rim even before you consider the other obvious plus to this device which is that it will work in a similar way to the Pearl and draw people to blackberry from feature phones since most of those now tend to be touch screens rather than candy bars like they used to be when the pearl came out.

Personally, I wouldn't go near this phone because the 9900 is the ideal form factor for me, but I am not going to assume everyone has exactly the same requirements as me from their phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Was wondering if you could update this thread with a thickness-shot cause I'm curious how thick this little badboy is. I think this phone is as big and slightly thinker then the slide out portion of my torch. How awesome would that be. Thanx for the post.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

looks like it will break if dropped on the floor.apollo will do better than this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Maybe its just a touch blackberry for T-Mobile and other carriers who are not getting the torch.

EXACTLY!!! i talked to a t-mobile manager and he said they were getting an all touch blackberry under the curve name. it confused me when he told me this a month ago... but know it makes perfect sense.
    CrackBerry User

I'm not saying that it is, but this looks more like what a Storm 3 would have been. Same screen size, anyway. Appearances reminds me of my 9550. Maybe this is what's coming to Verizon. If it doesn't, I may make the switch to Sprint for that sweet 9850.
    Last edited by jbritterjr; 08-13-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast