BlackBerry Curve 9360

Keep in mind I have only had this phone for 4 days!

Cons:

Drops calls constantly (about 10 so far in 3 days!).
    Muffled calls cant make out what people say on the other end.
    Makes clicking noises during calls for no reason (Irritating!).
    The case is coming off and squeaks in calls (Very annoying!).
    Doesnt play ring/text tone most of the time (Missed several calls!).
    When I talk to people I have to be in a dead silent area if there is any noise what so ever it cuts out completly on there end and I cant hear a thing!.
    The battery life is garbage it dies in a flash (10 minute phone call killed the battery life entirely).

Pretty bad when your 8100 Pearl (Backup Phone) is blowing this Curve 9360 out of the water

I would NOT!! Recommend the Curve 9360
    10-23-11 03:36 AM
    Also it was a Brand New phone from the rogers dealer. not some used one off craigslist
    10-23-11 04:07 AM
    Some phones have faults during the manufacturing process, not all Curve 93xxs are like this, you should contact Rogers and explain your problems, you'll probably get a replacement.
    10-23-11 08:48 AM
    Try updating your OS to see if it's a software build issue. If that doesn't resolve anything, definitely exchange it. Exhaust all available avenues of remedy before saying "worst phone ever".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 09:22 AM
    if you actually think its worse than an 8100 then you have a bad unit. just change it out and work the problem vs complaining or just move on to some other device.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    10-23-11 11:32 AM
    BlackBerry Curve 9360

Cons:

When I talk to people I have to be in a dead silent area if there is any noise what so ever it cuts out completly on there end and I cant hear a thing!.
    The battery life is garbage it dies in a flash (10 minute phone call killed the battery life entirely).

Pretty bad when your 8100 Pearl (Backup Phone) is blowing this Curve 9360 out of the water

Mine has none of them problems get the phone changed.
    10-23-11 11:55 AM
    That phone has some problem but I think lot of thjem can be corrected just by software update, even battery problem can be fixed... So we have to wait for a real OS version for the new Curve. Actual is in alpha stage...
    10-23-11 01:35 PM
    I picked up the 9360 close to 3 weeks ago now and can honestly say I've had none of these problems. Some of those sound like Carrier issues, not phone issues. I haven't had one dropped call yet which I find to be impressive. The only issue is the Battery Life but I can still make 10 or 11 hours with moderate to heavy texting and BBM (BBM kills battery quicker than texting) I can honestly recommend this phone. Pretty solid entry level device in my opinion.
    10-23-11 05:45 PM
    What software update should i download? i didnt think there was one yet cause its such a new phone
    10-23-11 06:37 PM
    What software update should i download? i didnt think there was one yet cause its such a new phone
    I'm sorry you're having issues. I have a Bold 9930, love it, and would like to recommend the 9360 to my gf when it comes to AT&T. If I hear issues like this it concerns me a little. Usually, when a phone like the Curve is approved and released by a carrier like say Rogers, they come with a version that isn't necessarily the latest but is tested and proven for stable performance.

Often, they are further in development internally and actually have higher versions that just have not been made available officially through a carrier channel. These revisions are many times leaked and tend to actually improve performance in areas. I believe the latest leaked Curve 9360 version is .400. You are probably on a revision lower than that officially.

An example is my Bold 9930 officially released with 7.0.0.254 on Verizon at launch (IIRC). But as of a few days ago .374 released officially since it was approved by Verizon for public release. On the other side, the GSM Bold 9900 has .440 leaked which is obviously a much higher build. This doesn't necessarily mean it's better, but being further in development means it likely performs better. On the other hand, it might not be as stable and contain bugs. It could still be approved by a carrier like say AT&T or T-Mobile in the end but we won't know until it happens. A majority of the users on CrackBerry get excited at the latest leak and usually give them a shot regardless of their issues. With every leak, there is usually a thread posted with feedback from users. It's often a good idea to wait for these threads before loading them. Most of the time users aren't concerned with loading them since they can always revert back.

I would recommend following one of the tutorials posted on these forums. You don't want to be stuck with a software-less phone and not know what to do with it. It can be inconvenient. Once you get the hang of it, it's not hard at all. There is a slight risk of harming the phone, but I'd say 99% of the time there is no permanent impairment.

Please go to Options > Device > About Device Versions and tell us which version you have loaded currently. For example, I am currently on

7.0 Bundle 1739 (v7.0.0.374, Platform 5.0.0.552)

The version we're interested in is what I highlighted in bold. Sorry if this is stating the obvious, I just don't know how experienced you are yet. Hopefully we can help you from there.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 10-23-11 at 07:56 PM.
    10-23-11 07:40 PM
    Sounds like someone needs to get an exchange. Lemons exist, sadly. Even my first 9700 which would REFUSE to connect to the noc.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    10-24-11 12:34 AM
    My Apologies to the CrackBerry forums for stating it was the worst phone I was just in a really bad mood cause my new phone didn't work worth a dam, I in fact DID receive a defective one I took it back and it works perfectly now. I still would like to update it BUT I would rather wait for the OFFICIAL release.. i've download and installed leaks on other phones before and every time it screwed my phone up.

Thank you for all your help and a fast response.

- Jon
    rrrebo likes this.
    10-26-11 03:10 PM
    Next time you have a problem, don't act like the stereotypical Apple fan boy.
    10-26-11 03:41 PM
    BlackBerry Curve 9360

Cons:

After testing and even upgrading software to the latest Orange 400 version i would have to say I completely agree with you for the most part. I am a Canadian and I like nothing more than to support our local companies like blackberry/Kobo etc..Blackberry has really just blown it imo. If its not the "to little to late" trickle of free apps or just the plain hardware issues I am pretty much fed up. My 9360 has the exact same problems and so does the ones my friends own. So lets call a spade a spade. The hole line is a lemon not just your specific mobile. Only positive thing I can add is I sold my shares before the 20%+ tumble.
    10-28-11 07:04 AM
    My blackberry curbe 9360 has none of those problems.
    Did you get it right when ot came out? You have tob give bb smartphones time to improve. Have a little patience with your phone. I love my bb curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD