In a few days I'll be taking my new unlocked (presently served by Bell Canada) 9360 to Australia on a 5-week trip. In addition to normal smartphone use, I plan to use it as a base for my tethered Playbook.
    For service there, I expect to buy a local pre-paid SIM card that will provide a modest amount of data usage as well as phone, text, etc.
    My question is whether installing the new Australian SIM card will affect my contacts list, or anything else that lives in the phone, such as stored e-mail messages, for example.
    More broadly, I'd be grateful for any tips or cautions that anyone may have. I have looked at the Australian providers to ensure that they can service the BB hardware. Will probably go with Telstra or Vodafone.

Thanks in advance.
    02-19-12 04:19 PM
    It will not, ALL your contacts AND data will be the same. You will just be switching carriers so i suggest resending your service books once you have the new sim up and running
    oldff likes this.
    02-19-12 05:40 PM
    Many thanks for that. Now let me show exactly what a newby I am by asking "what's a service book?"
    02-19-12 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD