Need an 'autoupgrade' on my 9360 but it says ' your bb is up to date'. Where do upgrades come from guys? Thank you.
    08-13-12 12:06 PM
    I read that RIM gives them to the carriers & then the carriers screen them etc. If the carriers approve them and their functions for their customers they release them in Blackberry desktop.

Someone confirm as I read this such a long time ago and may have got a part wrong
    08-13-12 12:42 PM
    I read that RIM gives them to the carriers & then the carriers screen them etc. If the carriers approve them and their functions for their customers they release them in Blackberry desktop.

Someone confirm as I read this such a long time ago and may have got a part wrong
    This correct. Carriers often delay the updates though so if you're looking for the latest OS and your carrier is not providing it, it's just easier to load a leaked OS or one from a different carrier.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    08-13-12 12:48 PM
    RIM releases updates, and the carriers then "test" them. Which means the carrier can often be months out of date.

Any OS update you find for the 9360 can work on your phone. It does not matter who the carrier is. All you need to do is remove a single file "vendor.xml" and then run "loader.exe" and you can do a manual update without damaging warranty.

Full details here:
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

And I assume that there is a thread in this forum not too far away with the latest Curve firmware in it. Always worth reading what other people think of a firmware release to spot if there are any serious bugs in it.
    08-13-12 12:52 PM
    Thanks so much!!!
    08-13-12 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD