hi, I got the above error (uncaught exception: Bridge is not ready) as I was using my browser. It came up in a rectangular blue box w/ an 'ok' option. The only way I could clear it was by clicking 'ok' a few times and pushing the 'escape' key a few times, etc...there was no consistent way to clear it. once i cleared it (maybe 20 sec later), i tried to go back to my browser and the same message popped up. I had the same struggle to clear it again (this time took 30 sec). I retried the browser, followed by clearing the message, maybe three more times, just to see if i could clear it once and for all (one clear took only 5 sec, one took a little longer, and one took even longer), but no luck. So, I took the battery out and replaced it and the browser is working fine now, but i would like to avoid this happening again in the future, obviously. I forget what i was browsing and when it happened, but it was just casual browsing, nothing unique or remarkable.

I googled the error word-for-word and came up w/ nothing!! crazy, huh?! i'm hoping i'm not the first and only person to ever encounter this bizarre error.

anyway, anyone else ever experience it or know anything about it?

thx in advance.
    12-31-11 07:00 PM
    happened again today! this time i was browsing a page and trying to get it to fit the screen by pushing the trackball for an initial zoom..
    01-01-12 08:51 PM
    It's definitely browser related. It first happened when I was using the browser, and would happen whenever I tried to open the browser. Eventually I couldn't even read messages from the message summary screen thing. I just pulled the battery and... it solved it for now.

Have you had trouble scrolling in the browser, too? I'll look at other threads for the answer, but I thought I'd bring it up.
    01-12-12 10:19 AM
    "Have you had trouble scrolling in the browser, too? I'll look at other threads for the answer, but I thought I'd bring it up. "

YES!! At times, the picture is left-aligned, so I can't scroll all the way to the right. There are other issues related to the browsing scrolling, too, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Also, I've been having random issues reading/scrolling through txt conversations. Sometimes, I can't scroll up to read my previous txts in some conversations; not all, and not always. The cursor is active, but I can't scroll up. VERY annoying!

You experience anything similar? Thx!
    01-14-12 02:15 AM
    Any luck resolving this issue? Have a brand new Curve in my fleet that's having this trouble.
    04-10-12 12:16 PM
    Any luck resolving this issue? Have a brand new Curve in my fleet that's having this trouble.
    No, sir!! Still happens at random times and only fix is to do a soft reset (well, that's the quickest, at least; a battery pull takes for ever for the Blackberry to load back up, but a soft reset (left alt, caps, del) is not as long). It seems like maybe it's certain sites that are over-loaded maybe when I try to log on to them, the Blackberry can't handle it?? IDK!

I just got the vaunted, "JVM error," so had to get my phone reset to factory settings, thus lost all my contacts! Sux! Sprint sttore ordered me a replacement phone, but instead of sending me a new 9350, they sent me an 8530! Doh! Sux! So, I've been using my defective, recently-reset 9350 for a few days and haven't had the 'bridge exception' error YET. Like I said, it happens at random times and I know it will happen again, and probably will when I get my replacement 9350 del'd to my place.

I googled the 'bridge exception' error b4 I made my original post and found zero (!!) hits on the web. I haven't since, but I'm thinking that maybe these posts on this thread are the only ones, but I could be wrong. I don't have the time or the interest to check.
    04-10-12 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the reply!

Yes, there's not much out there on it.

It's now disappeared after a hard reset. blackberry.com indicates:

To assist with diagnosing these types of issues, please provide as much of the following details as possible:

�What is the frequency of the issue?
    �Can the issue be replicated or does is it a random event? If this replicated, please make note of the steps to take to reproduce the issue.
    �Is there a specific application/function being used when the issue occurs?
    �Have you experienced any issues with the BlackBerry smartphone as a result of the error message (e.g. The browser is unusable)?
    �Have you recently upgraded the BlackBerry� Device Software or other applications?
    �When was the last backup of the BlackBerry smartphone performed?
    Note: To assist in capturing the error details, contact support while the error is still displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone. If possible, please do not reset the BlackBerry smartphone so that we can perform a full investigation on the issue.

I guess I'll either head to a Sprint service center or call BlackBerry support if it shows up again.
    04-11-12 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD