Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Uncaught exception application registry and unable to "wipe" phone

To All,
    Good Evening.
    Just to many problems today with my 9370 (never had problems before---ever).
    First off - my calendar would not sync (contacts were fine, just calendar) - with the infamous 0x80040fb3 error code.
    So, I hard-reset my 9370 - and was then greeted with a error box "uncaught exception applicationregistry.getorwaitfor owner died thread" and I am unable to clear the box (even though it has an "OK" box - - unable to clear the error box).
    So, went to Crackberry forums for help - I'm a VZN Wireless customer - so, the "previous verisions" will not appear on the BB Desktop Software "upgrade" button - so, Crackberry stated to visit the Verizon site (which I did) and downloaded the BB upgrade application - followed the instructions - and BAM, same thing (unable to view previous versions), therefore I am unable to wipe my BB.
    So, how can I wipe/reset my BB to original specs - so that the "uncaught exception applicationregistry.getorwaitfor owner died thread" box goes away?
    Thanks, John

Global Posts
    41,110 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me!

Welcome to CrackBerry!

So are you saying that you are unable to do a security wipe? Options - Security - Security Wipe?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Correct......the error box will not clear from the BB screen.

Global Posts
    41,110 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me!

And you have downloaded the latest os to your pc and tried to re install using autoloader or desktop Manager?

Posted via Z's Z10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yes - I trried - but the auto loader does not allow me to "view previous versions" - so, I cannot wipe the phone to clear the error box.