Alright all,

I've had a bb9360 for about a year now, accidentally got it soaked in rum at a festival last year, pretty much nuked it so after some drying out with rice it was alright just a little less responsive and it does every so often go into a little coma meaning taking the battery out charging it without etc. As a result I've not been able to update it at all via pc, when it gets to the part of the update where it prompts you to turn off your device my phone is already turned off, any ideas on how to resolve this?

My second problem happened the other day, I set a password, then maxed out the number of retries after a long day. As a result the phone got wiped as expected but it now won't set up my email accounts to it. When trying to connect to hotmail's server it just doesn't work and has the prompt: your device encountered a problem with this application's server. I've sent service books from my phone and registered on the host routing table but still no joy.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
    08-26-13 07:10 PM
    It's way WAY too late for this, but you should have (with battery out) dunked that sucker in pure denatured alcohol, the kind used for cleaning electronic equipment. I hate to say this but the damage is done corrosion has taken it toll. Your device will only get worse, there is no fix at this point. Use the insurance, or upgrade your device. How about a nice Q5?
    08-26-13 10:11 PM
    I know my device is pretty knackered. Its just rather frustrating that the email function doesn't work now when it used to work perfectly. Spoke to O2 who supposedly reactivated something, but no joy all I get is "The server is not responding. Please contact your system administrator". Service books have been resent, registered to the wireless network and sent service books. Any ideas?
    08-27-13 05:50 AM
    Have you tried setting up a different email account?

Its possible that your provider changed something on their end that happens to have concurred at the same time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    08-28-13 12:34 PM
    I've tried setting up my university email also, it says that email is set-up but there's no email icon on the home page and when trying to compose an email on the standard messages application it prompts me saying no message services configured.
    08-29-13 07:26 AM
    Do you a local phone repair shop (not those big corpratey deals)? If so I would bring it to them, or call around and see if any offer free estimates. Take your phone in tell 'em what happened, as them to look at it and tell you whats wrong, find out what is needed and either pay them to repair, find out whats wrong and then search engines, eBay and YouTube are your friend.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    08-29-13 08:20 PM