Not sure if this is normal. The last BB I had was the Tour then I got iPhone. I just bought the Curve 3G last week from Virgin in Canada but now that the new one is out I exchanged it today for the 9360. It's nice but the keyboard will take some getting used to since it's very flat.

Anyway, I noticed the trackpad feels loose and wiggles. The Curve 3G it didn't move it was very firm. On this one I can almost pivot it in either direction as well as move it. Not sure if that's normal or not. Found some threads on the Bold with this issue but not sure. Took over an hour to exchange the 3G for this one so don't want to have to go back as they seem like they don't know what they are doing.

If it becomes an issue, does anyone know how RIM's warranty works in Canada? I know with my iPhone 4 I just request service online and Apple ships me a box etc. If in 3 months or 6 months I have an issue with it can I send it back to RIM or do I have to deal with Virgin? Or is this normal?
    08-30-11 12:57 PM
    mine wiggles a little but not to the degree you seem to be explaining so it may be an issue, not sure. this is my first bb
    08-31-11 01:33 AM
    mine was completely loose ... get it replaced
    08-31-11 11:32 AM
    The review on front page says that 9360 has excellent built quality....maybe its just your bad luck....get it replaced.
    09-02-11 03:48 AM
    is it just me or the trackpad on this device SUCKS.... my second replacement and the new phone after a week is starting to get loose as well :S....
    09-17-11 08:10 PM
    is it just me or the trackpad on this device SUCKS.... my second replacement and the new phone after a week is starting to get loose as well :S....
    This scares me :/ Seems more than a few people are having problems w/ the trackpad.

If enough people complain do you think they'll go back and implement a fix? Should I wait until the 9360 has been out a few months to grab one, in the hopes that they'll fix it in production?
    09-19-11 11:42 AM
    probably not ... the 9780 had keyboard issues and even after a year after release even new models have the problem... or develop it... so for a fix i dont think thats happening

... and i went and checked out other phones... seems that the looser trackpad (compared to other models) is normal....

i just hope it doesnt completely become loose
    09-20-11 03:22 PM
    Mine is loose it feels like its normal though idk. I got a similiar question if I break a part of my phone or such is there a WAARANTY with RIM or do I goto VIRGIN ? Thanks
    10-06-11 08:27 PM
    How long does the customer care guys take to get it replaced?
    10-13-11 05:46 AM
    Mine have same problem too. Loose a little.
    10-13-11 06:36 AM
    When I pulled mine out of the box it was loose. This is my first BB with a trackpad, so I wasn't sure if this was normal either. After a couple days of use, the thing would start scrolling incontrollably without me even touching it. I am having it replaced, my replacement is on the way actually. I'm hoping the new device will have a more secure trackpad..
    10-13-11 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD