I have had my 9360 for half a year now and sometimes when I click the track pad to click something, nothing happens. I would have to click it again. It's like the clicking action of the trackpad is becoming unresponsive. Any body else experiencing this? Could it be that the trackpad is dirty and needs cleaning or, is it just wearing out?
    06-25-12 07:00 AM
    Get yourself a Q-tip, dip it in some WD-40 and try to get a tiny drop on the trackpad. Just barely a drop, that's all you need. That worked like a charmed for me.
    06-25-12 08:09 AM
    I have had my 9360 for half a year now and sometimes when I click the track pad to click something, nothing happens. I would have to click it again. It's like the clicking action of the trackpad is becoming unresponsive. Any body else experiencing this? Could it be that the trackpad is dirty and needs cleaning or, is it just wearing out?
    and i thought i was the only one. haha. same here. mine requires more pressure to register an input, or pressing it at a certain angle. If still under warranty, i would just send it in for repairs.
    06-25-12 11:49 AM
    and i thought i was the only one. haha. same here. mine requires more pressure to register an input, or pressing it at a certain angle. If still under warranty, i would just send it in for repairs.
    Same thing for me! More pressure, or i have to press towards the top or towards the bottom of the pad. Hitting it dead on center sometimes does nothing.
    06-25-12 11:57 AM
    Same thing for me! More pressure, or i have to press towards the top or towards the bottom of the pad. Hitting it dead on center sometimes does nothing.
    Yup, same thing here. For me to register an input with normal pressure i have to press towards the top. Hitting dead center does nothing unless i use extra pressure. My trackpad is slightly loose too, so i'm going to send it in when i have the time. I'm sure the warranty will cover that. I've never dropped my phone, or got it wet. Meanwhile, using the "enter" button on my keyboard a lot more often. hahaha.
    06-25-12 01:17 PM
    It stands to reason if you both (alex & bounce) have loose trackpad thus allowing more dirt in could be cause of a non-responding T/pad.
    06-25-12 02:28 PM
    A can compressed of air......what are the chances of that solving the issue?
    06-25-12 02:30 PM
    It stands to reason if you both (alex & bounce) have loose trackpad thus allowing more dirt in could be cause of a non-responding T/pad.
    It's plausible but somehow I just doubt that dirt is the cause. My trackpad is loose but not that loose to get that much dirt in. I just think the trackpad is wearing out. But dirt causing the unresponsiveness is a highly likely cause and I may be surprised as to how much damage a little dirt can cause.

A can compressed of air......what are the chances of that solving the issue?
    I will definitely try some compressed air (one without the bitterant lol), but do you think this would just shift the dirt around instead of getting out?
    06-25-12 03:52 PM
    It is possible but hopefully some will be blown out, worth a try, if it works then we know what was wrong. And our knowledge base increases, saving us money and time replacing the t/pad and if it doesn't, t/pad aren't that expensive anyway.

Good luck
    06-25-12 04:04 PM
    Raising an old thread to see if anyone is experiencing unresponsiveness where trackpad presses are concerned. Mine is almost unbearable at the moment. Can it be cleaned? Has anyone had this resolved?
    11-09-12 04:18 PM
    I figured out that if i slide my presses to the right or to the left, they register but they don't register if I press dead on. Think I'm gonna switch to a 9900 until BB10 comes out
    11-11-12 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD