The torch is very buggy and constantly freezes. I want a simple no nonsense phone. S I decided to go with the curve 9360 with AT&T.

I know the battery life is an issue. What is the safest and easiest way to upgrade the OS to 7.1.356 since AT&T has no official update?

I already backed up my torch 9810 on desktop manager so I can transfer data once I get the 930 tomorrow.

So all I do is plug into desktop manager then wait for it to recognize the new device? What do I select to begin the data transfer to my new curve?

Thank you
    04-22-12 06:25 PM
    The torch is very buggy and constantly freezes. I want a simple no nonsense phone. S I decided to go with the curve 9360 with AT&T.

I know the battery life is an issue. What is the safest and easiest way to upgrade the OS to 7.1.356 since AT&T has no official update?

I already backed up my torch 9810 on desktop manager so I can transfer data once I get the 930 tomorrow.

So all I do is plug into desktop manager then wait for it to recognize the new device? What do I select to begin the data transfer to my new curve?

Thank you
    I too changed from the 9810 to 9360 in October, not because it was buggy, but I hated the bulk and couldnt get used to the slide form factor.

When you backup from the 9810, change the location where the .ipd file is saved, to a known location and when you connect your new phone, use the restore option to restore that file.

I had tried device switch option one time earlier and couldnot complete it successfully. Backup and restore worked for me.
    04-23-12 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD