Perhaps you should update the OS. I do that at my 9360. When it was in 7.0 the battery drain so fast and produce heat more than average bb does. When I update it to 7.1 the problem solve. Right now my 9360 can reach over 8 hours of continuous usage (before max 5 hours), and produce no heat for its battery.
    12-24-12 04:51 PM
    I have a practically new 9360, only maybe a month old. Sees very light usage.
    Initially battery wasn't so hot, would last maybe 1-2 days in light usage. I mean very light. I manage to sort through the default apps and turn off the auto-refresh/update stuff and I got it running to about 3-4 days, which was fine.

Suddenly, the battery drain has gotten ridiculous. I will lose 10-20% in an hour, so this means I can't even make it through the day. For example, I just charged it 100% this morning around 10am and by 2pm, it is down to 45%
    I've tried pulling the battery several times and doing reboot, and no luck.

The only odd thing I recall doing is running Slacker for the first time, at which point it asked for an update so App World updated it and Twitter at the same time. (I do not use Twitter). After the battery problems, just to check, I removed both Slacker & Twitter but still have these issues. The prior day, I had also fired up a trial of BBM Music, but it is not running and I don't think it should be doing anything in the background. I checked through my apps, I can't find any that might have suddenly changed their status so that it is auto-updating frequently. Only the GSM radio is on, no WiFi, Bluetooth or anything.

Any ideas???? The battery has not been subject to extreme heat or cold nor any sort of physical damage.
    12-24-12 05:23 PM
    Aah yes, but I am running 7.1 already, it says 7.1.0.258.
    The thing is, whatever version it is running, it was going just fine until a few days ago. There was no new software installed, just updates to Slacker & Twitter.

I noticed that the radio icon on the top left is regularly flashing on/off like it is sending & receiving data quite frequently. Not sure what would be going on here, there is (almost?) nothing that is set to automatically update and no e-mail is set up yet, nothing is pushed here.
    I ran the device analyzer and it noted that I lose over 10% / hour. Most of the power is not drained by any background CPU process, it says over 85% of it is the "Mobile Network Usage" ... I wish I could find out what app is using the network ...
    12-24-12 11:30 PM
    Is your phone in a low coverage area? Is it losing signal, switching to EDGE/GPRS/3G often?
    12-25-12 02:55 AM
    Seems to be fixed. It looked like either BBM Music or BeWeather has gone off the rails. Uninstalled/re-install BBM Music (and did not re-start my account) and stopped everything at BeWeather (it was originally set to manual update only, so nothing should've been going off). One of those things was beaming data back and forth and very frequent intervals.

The good ol' Curve is back to draining less than 1% battery per hour at idle & light usage, so should be good for days...
    mithrazor likes this.
    12-26-12 10:35 AM
    I have a similar issue, so rather than opening a new thread I am commenting here. I have 7.1.0.755 on VZW, so the software is up-to-date, and my Curve seems to drain 7-10%/hr after the software update whereas before it was happy at 4-5% with decent to heavy usage. Any ideas? The battery drain is fine when idling.
    01-03-13 06:26 PM
    Not sure how you set it up. But I have a BL Returns hybrid OS and its at 7% avg. Before my battery would die in a 5-6 hours.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-04-13 11:40 PM
    Not sure how you set it up. But I have a BL Returns hybrid OS and its at 7% avg. Before my battery would die in a 5-6 hours.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Not much in the way of setup. OS is not hybrid as I have no idea how to do that. Installed the average list of apps. Updated the OS on Verizon and restored everything. There goes the battery life in half. Used to get 4% with moderate usage and now its close to 9% on moderate usage.
    01-05-13 12:44 AM
    Hybrids are garbage!!! i tried one i did not see anything great about it... your better off with proper OS7.1.0.746 latest OS i`m running it and its been good for me as for battery drain check to see if you may have left any app running without closing it... i also have this problem don`t just click out close any app.
    01-10-13 05:34 PM