Just developed a problem with the scroller on my sons phone.
    9360 curve.

On the sub categories it will move up and down with no bother. But now, on the main categories it just refuses to move up. Have to hold alt or shift to move to the top and then move down.

Not sure if this is a hardware problem as it works in the sub cats.

But it was fine for a week or 2 out of the box. It just developed over time.

Have tried factory reset. Will check for updates when he gets back in.

Just wanted to put it out there and see if there are any opinions.....

Thanks in advance guys
    03-01-12 05:36 AM
    I would suggest to Upgrade to the latest OS7.1 as mentioned in a lot of the other threads the Original OS 7 had a few issues...the latest version is OS 7.1.0.258 bell..
    you will find much better..
    03-01-12 12:12 PM
    Sorry To add the bell version is .218 the version i installed is leaked but works great..
    03-01-12 12:27 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Will using the above release be ok in the UK on an unbranded handset?
    03-01-12 01:06 PM
    Yes it should be fine all you have to do is delete vendor files if your phone has not been upgraded before another vendor file is hidden in USER portion of your PC.
    I am on Rogers Canada and the official version is Bell Canada leaked also works here on mine but you just have to delete both vendor files...one hidden
    If you have no idea on how that`s done see other posts on how to upgrade and delete vendor files it is rather easy once you get the hang of it..
    When i first did it... well it took me 6 times before it worked as i did not know the second vendor file existed.
    Now my Curve can be upgraded with no problem..
    The upgrade does solve a lot of original OS 7 issues...
    Good luck
    03-01-12 01:19 PM
    Ok, I have successfully updated the device first time.
    Still seem to have the problem.

It just doesnt scroll. When its on the accept conditions page it wont move up or down. I hold shift and move down and it scrolls and will keep working until I reach the bottom but then wont go back up unless I press shift.....

To me that means the scroller touch pad isnt broken as it works with shift...

Is there any setting that prevents the touchpad from scrolling the cursor unless shift is pressed?
    03-01-12 02:31 PM
    I guess i will have to find out how to install the original software now and get a warranty repair
    03-01-12 02:52 PM
    That is strange as i had the same problem would not scroll at times as well i had almost every problem that was talked about on here with this new curve so after i upgraded it fixed all the problems...i have no more issues what so ever...
    Maybe you have a total dud...
    Can you still exchange your phone do you have warranty?
    I would take it back to the provider and show them the issue..
    That is a shame
    03-01-12 02:56 PM
    Still have plenty of warranty but it wont be an exchange until they try to repair it.
    How do I downgrade the software back to original?
    03-01-12 03:12 PM
    Options
    Scroll down to security
    scroll down to security wipe
    check user installed applications
    then type in blackberry
    scroll down to wipe data
    that should do it
    03-01-12 03:29 PM
    I know that , the 9360 is my first BB , and when I wanted to update for the first time , it did the whole updating process , but the soft ware was still the same >
    press Alt+shift+h and write down the app version here .
    03-01-12 05:03 PM
    It really is hard at first to upgrade you need to make sure you check the phone software to make sure you really did the upgrade right.
    Like i mentioned in other posts it took me 6 tries...
    03-02-12 10:17 AM
    How do I still use my blackberry when the scroller is broken?
    05-19-13 02:20 AM
    I've had this same issue now with TWO Curve models.

My first one broke accidentally and so I got another one. After about a week, the scrolling problem started on the second one.

I have horrible problems scrolling up and down texts, and when editing a contact. It's absolutely horrible.

WTF is going on here? It decreases my efficiency 1000x.
    08-30-13 09:17 AM
    My BlackBerry's the same, The scroller doesn't work what so ever, unless its on BBM, I have checked if it's jammed, and it isn't, just seems that it doesn't want to work, it happened last time, but after 2 days, it seemed to work fine again, and its happened again and this time, its lasted for 6 days, please help
    10-19-13 01:13 AM
    By scroller, do you mean a trackball?
    (As opposed to trackpad.)

Can you please state exactly which model number is your device?
    10-19-13 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD