Goodmorning,

I got a new 9360 yesterday and I made a backup of my 9780 last week using Blackberry Desktop Software. (the 9780 had to be returned to my employer, and my new employer gave me the new phone)

I can't seem to restore all of my contacts, and can't figure out what the problem is. I've looked everywhere on the internet, and found a lot of different solutions (.bbb -> .ipd, using phoneminer, etc.), but none of those seemed to work properly.

Is there anyone who has a simple, easily understandable solution?

Thanks you very much in advance!
    04-09-13 01:34 AM
    04-09-13 09:57 AM
    Thanks very much for this reply, but there has to be an easier (free of charge) way to do this... Or am I wrong? Why does this have to be this hard anyway? Why doesn't this work the way I expect it to work?
    04-09-13 11:39 AM
    Not all of your contacs sync or they don't sync properly?

Not much help, but Importing contacts from older backups via Desktop manager should work.
    04-12-13 05:52 PM
    No syncing whatsoever...
    04-13-13 12:22 AM
    Are you trying to sync or restore contacts?
    In Desktop manger, choose Restore, then select backup file from your 9780 and check to import only contacts - everything else unchecked... have you tried this?
    04-13-13 06:28 AM
    I've tried that, but this is what I see... (in English: The grey items are read-only and can not be restored) Restoring contacts from my old 9780 to my new 9360 (don't have the 9780 anymore)-bb-fail.jpg
    04-13-13 03:29 PM
    You can also try to Wi-fi off and disable any wireless syncing.
    If you use BB Protect, disable it and try restoring again.

Here are the sources:
    Post from BB support forum
    Document from BB Knowledge base

*read and try this solution as well

Did you have your 9780 password protected?
    Last edited by tpah; 04-13-13 at 04:57 PM.
    04-13-13 04:42 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by disabling BB protect and disabling wireless syncing.

My 9780 wasn't password protected, but my 9360 is protected by the company I work for.

I'm beginning to get desperate, because I really don't understand why this is sooooooo hard to accomplish!!

Thanks!
    04-14-13 11:55 AM
    One of the solutions in the pasted links (given from RIM) is that wirelless syncing make some databases read-only.
    So disabling applications like GMail, BB Protect (since it syncs your contacts as well) may help and not make databases read-only.

There's also mentioning a conflict with BES IT policy, so maybe you should talk with your company's system administrator about this.

I would try restoring contacts without SIM card too.

Can you restore some 3rd party application from 9780 backup?
    04-15-13 05:24 AM
    You can use the contacts to csv/excel programme which is available on AppWorld. Then copy this file to the computer and load your contacts into gmail. After that you enter the gmail with you new phone and try to synchronize them. I made it once and it worked without any problem
    04-23-13 03:59 AM
    After a few tries, I unchecked the wireless syncing box and it worked!!! (first I unchecked the box for email, but that didn't do the trick)

Thanks very much, I'm sooooooooooo happy right now!! (luckily I didn't store too many contacts in my new phone, because the files couldn't merge, so I had to type them in again, but that was a small price to pay)

Thanks again!!!!!
    04-25-13 03:24 AM