When trying to restore contacts that were wiped out trying to upgrade BB 9360 to 7.1.0 bundle 1647 the upgrade failed. The upgrade was done over air (not connected to a PC). After 7hrs of waiting got a message about some java.language.error.
    When the phone rebooted lost all contacts.
    I did have a back up from about a month ago on a PC, Did a restore but the contacts were not restored after some digging on these forums found that had to turn off the wireless sync.
    Which was fine turned off wireless sync and attempted the backup again. The BB desktop software shows that I have 373 contacts in the list if you select the selective restore option, it is not greyed out and I can select from the list.
    When I do a restore it will only restore the first 16 of 373 of my contacts. I can watch the counter go as high as 16 but will either either complete if doing a selective restore or continue through if doing a full restore.
    I tried deleting the "Service Passbook" as suggested in another post but that did nothing.
    Any have any idea how to restore my contacts ?
    I have goggled how to open a .BBB file the only program out there is "PhoneMiner" so if that program actually works at least I can manually input my contacts again. ( Anyone with any knowledge of PhoneMiner I'd like to know if it will open .BBB)
    Of course I'd like to get the restore to work it be much easier
    any help is greatly appreciated !
    05-08-13 06:08 AM
    Ok no help so far
    What information do I need to detail ?
    If I did a complete wipe on the blackberry 9360 , then reinstall the newest OS available from my carrier. Any hope that I can restore my contacts from .bbb file ?
    or is the problem with my .bbb file is there something that could be corrupt in the backup ?
    05-10-13 10:59 AM