So here's the thing. Last night my blackberry was almost drained(no radio use) so I plugged it in the wall charger. I left it like that the whole night,only to wake up and experience the red light issue so popular amongst older blackberry models,it just doesn't turn on. I've tried battery pulls,dozens I might say,the os reload won't work cause the phone doesn't reboot like other red light issues,therefore being undetectable by windows(not exactly undetectable as much as it says there's a problem with it and it doesn't recognize it). I'm not really keen on going to the carrier to complain about it since I did not back it up and I'm pretty sure they would just give me another phone,rendering all my efforts to recover my data useless... If I'm completely sure there's no other option I'll talk to them. Have you guys got any ideas? I would really really appreciate it. A more accurate description of the problem is that the red light turns on when plugging the bb into the wall charger. If I pull the battery out of the bb after I plug it into the wall,the red light stays on for a little bit longer than 30 seconds and then turns off.Quickly inserting the battery back turns it right back on(this was one of the "fixes" that were supposed to magically work).
    Last edited by tedy1044; 02-02-12 at 05:44 PM.
    02-02-12 05:34 PM
    I have not had this issue yet (thankfully), but I'm assuming it's nuked/bricked. I just did a search and I assume this is what might help you.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    02-02-12 06:07 PM
    I can't try that since mine isn't rebooting continously. The red light just flashes,and connecting it via usb cable to the computer doesn't work,since the phone needs to be turned on...
    02-03-12 01:39 AM
    Having the same damn issue i cant turn it on and it only shows a red ligth... but mine was compleatly out of power died then try to turn it on nothing on the charger then the light turned on and red plz help
    02-03-13 08:49 PM
    keep trying for few hours and one time you will reupload the software.
    02-07-13 02:58 PM
    Remove the battery, plug the charger to the phone and now re-insert battery, and leave for 8 hours atleast.
    02-16-13 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD