i've noticed with my old 9360 when connected to DM it would warn of a new OS version and allow me to update. with my new 9360 it won't find the recent updates NOR allow me to manually install them.

both phones are NOT activated on a data plan, yet my old 9360 (rogers) would update regardless and my new 9360 (bell) will not no matter what i do. i have tried the back door method but it will error out no matter. why would the bell version not be showing me the latest (7.1.0.714) and i'm still stuck on 7.0 with my bell ?

is there something i need to do for it to see the newest update or is bell simply way behind in the updates ?
    10-07-12 03:52 PM
    You need to be on a data plan to update in the later OS series. I have not found a work around yet sorry.
    10-07-12 04:07 PM
    but my original 9360 was never on a data plan... but it's allowing me to do updates without any problems. the bell 9360 on the other hand will not and it too was never on a data plan... i just find it strange that one can and the other won't.

is there not a way to simply clone the one phone to the other much like ghosting a hdd ?
    10-07-12 05:17 PM
    What do you mean by " i have tried the back door method" and "but it will error out no matter"?

What EXACT steps are you following?
    Did you download AND install the proper device OS to the computer?
    Did you search for and delete ALL the vendor.xml files from the computer?
    Are you using the AppLoader (loader.exe) instead of the BlackBerry Desktop Software?

Many more details are needed.
    10-07-12 05:21 PM
    hi,
    yes i go in and delete the vendor.xml files... and i double checked and i do have the correct OS update for my model. the thing i am finding is that when i go into the apploader folder to do the upgrade that way there is no "loader.exe" it's just one with the icon of a phone leaning on a window. i've clicked that to start the upgrade but all it does is open a window that only backs up what i already have on the phone.. it doesn't actually install the new OS update.

if it helps i'm using windows 7 ultimate... so some of the steps i follow in the instructions do not work since i don't have folders or paths to find such files.

the funny thing is that when i connected my old rogers 9360 the DM found and installed the most recent version of the OS.... but when i connect the bell 9360 it doesn't do anything, yet if i click on older versions it has the recent update in the list but won't install saying i don't have an active data service. yet neither phone has an active data service... this is puzzling me. what is on the rogers 9360 that's telling DM that it's active ?
    10-07-12 10:23 PM
    oh, sorry... back door method = pulling the battery and doing the install before it boots back up. but it won't allow me and just gives the error that i have disconnected the phone and it can't see a device. and i'm timing it right as the instructions say... it's just not working.
    10-07-12 10:25 PM