Hi,
    My phone jumped out of my pocket yesterday & hit the ground! Initially it appeared fine, then a few minutes later kept freezing up so I took the battery out & now I just have a blank screen, the light behind the keys still works so that gives me hope?! I have been trying a few of the suggestions on here but I'm a complete technophobe & 24hours later am no better off.
    I've tried the suggestion on the dead phone guide but when I hit the last command the app loader thingy pops up & I just don't get what I'm supposed to do from there?!
    Are both me & my phone a lost cause?! I have no insurance, I'm guessing the warranty will be invalid as I dropped it & I only got it 6months ago, can't afford to buy a new one.

If anyone could help that would be great xx
    03-03-13 02:28 PM
    Hi. First off dropping it may have broke something or a connection to something. Can you be more specific about what happens when you try to run loader?
    sarahshopbird likes this.
    03-03-13 03:31 PM
    Hi, thank you so much for replying! (if I broke a connection is it expensive to fix?)
    So I tried the command prompt thing & when I hit the last button the application loader wizard pops up, is it supposed to?!
    Assuming that it is, I hit the "next" button, which then says my connection is a USB-PIN: 2967A308 - I leave the "detect communication port" button unticked? & click next again, then it comes up with a device application selection screen but under the application name box, it says: the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.

There is an "add" button above that box?

My head hurts :-(
    03-03-13 04:00 PM
    Do you have the OS you want to install, installed on your computer? Removed both vendor.xml files?
    03-03-13 04:17 PM
    I removed the thing that said vendor like it said in the guide? I thought I put the os on last night but to be honest I've found all ths really confusing, is there a way I can check? (imagine your explaining it to a four year old!)
    03-03-13 04:24 PM
    If you want to pay shipping,

I have a spare unlocked 9800 your welcome to have.

Your symptoms above sound really bad. I don't think a reinstall will fix it but maybe...

via Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and sarahshopbird like this.
    03-03-13 04:24 PM
    If you go into add and remove programs or programs and features you should see the OS in the list. As KermEd said it could be dead from being dropped.
    03-03-13 04:33 PM
    Hi
    Try this put your device on a solid table slightly push down on the screen while its turned on and see if your screen comes to life.. if so. your device internally will have a loose connection after dropping it.the screen has to have a solid connection for it to light up properly.if that does not work try to replace the screen.
    Good Luck.
    2c and sarahshopbird like this.
    03-04-13 10:13 AM
    Thanks to all! Will try pushing on the screen & having a look in my program's later when I get my girls in bed, no good attempting things while they're awake - they like to help!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-13 10:22 AM
    Thanks to all! Will try pushing on the screen & having a look in my program's later when I get my girls in bed, no good attempting things while they're awake - they like to help!
    Nice they want to help, problem is they usually are not help lol. Good luck
    03-04-13 10:46 AM
    Well tried the chest compressions but no joy :-(
    Does this sound to be something a repair shop would be able to help with?
    03-04-13 03:54 PM
    I would say the next step is to view the main board make sure no cracks if none found head to a screen repair guy. if your getting light on parts of the device your next step... Screen....
    Good Luck.
    I have a mint 9360 and 9780 in storage always nice to have backups lol!
    03-04-13 06:38 PM
    I second that.

- Most likely screen damage.
    - Small chance its the GPU/board.
    - Small chance its a break on the motherboard.
    - Very, very small chance its damage to RAM, HD, etc.

Very unlikely to be software. Based on the odds, I'd roll the dice on screen.

via Tapatalk
    03-05-13 06:26 PM