My wife's Curve has white horizontal lines around the area where the first row of icons are on the main screen. They make seeing anything in that area hard but you can see through it.

Troubleshooting: When I remove and replace the battery the load screen comes up fully black and you can see the loading bar and BlackBerry name. Then a few seconds later the white bars "boot up" getting progressively brighter.

I also did try just resetting the theme but that of course did nothing but change the screen image on a layer below the bars.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:04 PM
    How long has it been doing this? Have the bars been there and are gradually getting brighter? If it's an old Curve, it's possible that the screen is going. I'd ask someone who repairs BlackBerrys. Not the carriers - they know nothing about hardware. If it's a new Curve, then I'm not sure. If she needs a new BlackBerry she could get the Bold 9900 or the Q5 or Q10 (if she prefers the physical keyboard). I'm not sure where you live for availability of phones. The Z10 is also good if she prefers a touch screen.
    11-29-13 08:20 PM
    I agree with what anilu7 said... the screen is getting old... it happened to my 9360 and my 9780 after many years of use. Tried changing the screen once through a third party phone shop but I started having the same problem weeks later. It should just be a sign that the screen is approaching the end of it's lifespan

Posted via Crack-friggin-berry Z10
    11-30-13 01:54 AM