CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Official OS v7.1.0.219 from Bell Mobility for Curve 9360

Hey Guys

Just to let you know, Bell is releasing the official update for their 9360 to the 7.1
    That means you will have access to these cool new things like hotspot and radio

Seems to me like its a soft launch as it's not announced anywhere yet.

Software For BlackBerry® Curve™ 9360 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.722 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.1.0.722
    Consisting of:

Applications: 7.1.0.219
    Software Platform: 9.6.0.26
    File name: 9360AllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel722_PL9.6.0.26_A7.1.0.219_ Bell_Mobility_Inc.exe
    File size: 234.76MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

Enjoy!
    Last edited by toolonglyf; 02-20-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

good with 9350??
    he didn't bump ya' son, he rubbed ya'...and rubbin' is racin'...
    http://driphter.com
    http://bbhybrids.net & http://crackberry.com what else is there????
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thank you very much! I came to this subforum just to look for an official 7.1
    CrackBerry Newbie

Awesome! Thanks alot.. downloading now. Just out of curiosity - how vital is it for me to shrink the OS, came across a few people talking about it earlier - but I'm not too sure how to do so..
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    287C08ED

Quote Originally Posted by greendevil View Post
    Awesome! Thanks alot.. downloading now. Just out of curiosity - how vital is it for me to shrink the OS, came across a few people talking about it earlier - but I'm not too sure how to do so..
    It's not vital at all. It's just the process of removing unwanted components of the OS software. Things like other languages or games and apps you maybe don't want. It'll make the install smaller and quicker, but it might be possible to remove some things afterwards anyway.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    *pending*

just installd this build..... i will come back in a few days with my findings to compare with ya'll.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw85 View Post
    It's not vital at all. It's just the process of removing unwanted components of the OS software. Things like other languages or games and apps you maybe don't want. It'll make the install smaller and quicker, but it might be possible to remove some things afterwards anyway.
    Thanks.. I'll see if I can manage the shrink, otherwise will install as is.

For some reason everytime I get to installing the OS on my comp, get an error message saying the Loader is already functioning - cant figure out where its functioning! Hope to sort it out by this evening and get this installed already!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Does 7.1 solves the battery issues?

Hi guys!

Any idea if this build helps or solves the battery issues? I have to charge my BB9360 at least four times a day! I've come to the point where I'm about to switch back to my old Blackberry tour...

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by osolopez View Post
    Hi guys!

Any idea if this build helps or solves the battery issues? I have to charge my BB9360 at least four times a day! I've come to the point where I'm about to switch back to my old Blackberry tour...

Thanks!
    I'm somehow finding that the phone discharges faster now, first day with the new OS so not too sure but am getting the feeling that battery life isnt all that great on this as well. Unplugged at about 9am, now about 12pm here - 2 BBM conversations, few incoming emails and about 30mins of music and battery is now at 80%. Wouldnt discharge this fast earlier - but like I said, will know for sure towards the end of the day.
    CrackBerry User

Thanks for the link.. 7.1 is a nice little OS upgrade.
    CrackBerry User

this update is doing a bit better on battery life than 7.0.594. gives me a few more hours of juice.
    CrackBerry User

Can anyone help me out, it for some reason I can upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I know how to upgrade using the appropriate loader, have been using the same method on my 9700 for the past 2 years. Is there anything special I need to do?
    Please help
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Kuru_S View Post
    Can anyone help me out, it for some reason I can upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I know how to upgrade using the appropriate loader, have been using the same method on my 9700 for the past 2 years. Is there anything special I need to do?
    Please help
    Seems like you are with Wind, so you would need to delete the vendor file, other than that, its pretty straight forward as desktop manager will see it
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Unable to install update

I downloaded the file properly, installed it properly, deleted vendor.xml.
    after i connect my bb and start the apploader, everything goes fine, but the page where its asks us what to install and what to remove, over there it shows me only the 3'rd party softwares, no OS 7.1 or anything.
    please help
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

If I remember well, there could be a 2nd vendor.xml somewhere... I just cant remember where exactly that could be the problem
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

I called Bell tech support just now to find out how they decided on the 9360 for the first official 7.1 update, and I was told that it was due to the phone having "issues" such as frequent disconnects and others.

I asked when it's coming for the 9900, 9810 and 9380 and was told the normal "we don't have any information, just keep checking blackberry.com".

Anyway just thought I'd pass this on.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by toolonglyf View Post
    If I remember well, there could be a 2nd vendor.xml somewhere... I just cant remember where exactly that could be the problem
    I had the same problem and after looking for another vendor.xml, I've found it.
    It's located in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

After I deleted that file as well, I have succesfully managed to upgrade my 9360 to 7.1.
    (Originally Dutch Vodafone)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gerardk View Post
    I had the same problem and after looking for another vendor.xml, I've found it.
    It's located in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

After I deleted that file as well, I have succesfully managed to upgrade my 9360 to 7.1.
    (Originally Dutch Vodafone)
    I already deleted both vendor.xml files and install the new BlackBerry OS. when the desktop software launch, i plugged in my blackberry but the 'install the upgrades box' did not appear and i cant proceed to upgrade.

Please help. My Blackberry Desktop Software is v6.1.0.36
    Last edited by hellboy14; 05-09-2012 at 02:38 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry Problem

I have a problem updating mine, have tried several times doing it but it freezes at some point then it doesn't carry on. Then i tried updating it through the BlackBerry device software 6.1 but the same thing happens. Anyone know what i can do? This has been happening for the past 3 days.