- CrackBerry Newbie
- 7 Posts
o2 (UK) sim in a Bell (Canada) phone
I'm sure this is going to sound ridiculous as I have received a text, but it goes against everything I've heard before.....
I moved to Canada from the UK and was told my UK 9900 wouldn't work on most carriers over here.
I bought a BB 9360 from Bell Mobility as I needed (well, wanted) to have a phone that would work....
I since found a carrier (WIND) who I could use my 9900 with so I did that.
I've now unlocked the 9360 and put my o2 sim in out of curiousity and received some texts (it's been 5 months I haven't used it), although it is 'piggy-backing' on Rogers network whilst roaming.
On this basis, does this mean I can use the 9360 with my o2 sim, on the o2 network if/when I visit home??
I thought o2 was GSM & Bell was CDMA so I wouldn't receive any reception....
Can anybody shed any light on this for me??
Thanks in advance.
- By tarnia in forum BlackBerry Curve 3GReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-11, 02:31 PM
- By thereitis in forum Other Carriers WorldwideReplies: 3Last Post: 06-23-11, 05:12 PM
- By sanjr in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 11Last Post: 06-26-10, 07:09 AM
- By drtooth in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-31-10, 12:56 PM
- By abraisnic in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 4Last Post: 08-04-09, 10:37 PM