I did a software update, and scheduled the installation for 2am. During the night I heard the low battery signal and plugged it in to charge. The screen showed Back Up in Progress 17%. And when I woke up it was still on 17%, some 3 hours later. I then did a battery pull, and when I switched the phone on it goes to Back Up in Progress screen and is not moving pass 9%. I can't use the phone etc, as it won't move pass the Back Up Screen. All i can do is switch it off and on. Please can someone help me fix the problem!
    03-27-12 02:42 AM
    When your phone turns back on, does your computer/desktop manager recognize your phone being hooked on?
    03-27-12 02:58 AM
    Yes it does.. It says Found New Hardware.
    03-27-12 03:08 AM
    that's a good sign, you could try doing a clean OS install and it might fix your problem. do you know how to install your os via apploader??
    03-27-12 03:27 AM
    No, not quiet sure how to do it.
    03-27-12 03:36 AM
    (Assuming that you use PC)
    1) download the OS of choice
    2) Install the OS onto your computer
    3) a) you could either google or search in these forums for Crackmem (it simplifies a lot of the process)
    b) alternatively, you could just go to C->program files ->common files -> RIM Folder-> delete the vendor.XML file and then load the apploader exe file
    03-27-12 03:55 AM
    Thanks, but it didn't work . Will have to send it in for repairs..
    03-27-12 06:22 AM
    You could do a complete wipe then reload with the original carriers OS7 or do a security wipe to bring the phone back to original factory settings..
    You have to make sure you delete all OS 7 or OS 7.1 from your PCs files
    Before you reload also a second XML vendor file is hidden when you try to update to OS7.1
    Then try again..
    03-27-12 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD