Yup, it's still kicking! I used it last night to prevent my mother in law from being able to reach me as she doesn't have the number for it. A quick text message to the kids that my iPhone is home and I'm carrying my Curve was all I needed to do. Anyone I want to be able to reach me can, and those I don't want to hear from cannot.

I keep the BlackBerry on a Verizon prepaid plan with it's own number. $30/month, data over WiFi, and Verizon has seen fit to grant me BIS on prepaid !! I honestly believe there is nobody left at Verizon (or any other carrier) who knows BlackBerrys. It's all some kind of voodoo to them and the very concept of BIS mystifies anyone to whom you mention it. In the old days, if you asked for BIS you had to pay extra. And if you asked for it on prepaid the standard answer was, "Sorry, not possible. Please convert to postpaid." But these kids today! I'm starting to fee like an old codger with my stories of "...back in my day..." and "...you kids don't know how good you've got it..."

Anybody else still sporting a BBOS7 device, either as a backup or primary device?
    01-01-17 02:06 PM
    9900 user here. It's my work device.
    rambo47 likes this.
    01-01-17 03:38 PM
    Yup, it's still kicking! I used it last night to prevent my mother in law from being able to reach me as she doesn't have the number for it. A quick text message to the kids that my iPhone is home and I'm carrying my Curve was all I needed to do. Anyone I want to be able to reach me can, and those I don't want to hear from cannot.

I keep the BlackBerry on a Verizon prepaid plan with it's own number. $30/month, data over WiFi, and Verizon has seen fit to grant me BIS on prepaid !! I honestly believe there is nobody left at Verizon (or any other carrier) who knows BlackBerrys. It's all some kind of voodoo to them and the very concept of BIS mystifies anyone to whom you mention it. In the old days, if you asked for BIS you had to pay extra. And if you asked for it on prepaid the standard answer was, "Sorry, not possible. Please convert to postpaid." But these kids today! I'm starting to fee like an old codger with my stories of "...back in my day..." and "...you kids don't know how good you've got it..."

Anybody else still sporting a BBOS7 device, either as a backup or primary device?
    Right back at ya Rambo with a 9900 AND a 9360
    rambo47 likes this.
    01-01-17 08:26 PM
    Got a 9900 and 9810 still using both!
    rambo47 likes this.
    01-02-17 12:21 AM
    I have a Curve 9320, with BIS. My carrier was still selling them last year in 2016, but the young 'dude' in the phone shop looked at me like I was mad when I bought it. 'Are you sure you want a BlackBerry?' he asked.

I've posted the 9900 forum about why I prefer BIS, and it's about the cheapest way of running an email data plan here. Pennies a day. So the Curve is in the car as backup, and I bought a refurb Bold for kicks. Both excellent.
    01-16-17 01:08 AM
    My old Curve 8320 was finally retired as a spare phone last month.
    I kept it on an old T-mobile prepaid plan and it worked fine for calls and texting.
    01-16-17 10:51 AM
    I just purchased another brand new 9350 off ebay for the Sprint Network. My old one had too many issues. It had a good close to 4 year run. I'm holding onto this when I get the Classic or Mercury....
    02-07-17 07:10 PM

Oh yeah, 9900 sees use every week as a primary device along with my BB10 devices.
    The Curve 9360 is still ready for service at a moments notice.
    02-23-17 09:56 PM
    I loved my old curve 9330. But I was using Microsoft exchange thru RIM's BES. RIM notified me (all MS Office users) that they were turning it off. I upgraded to classic which I like but I really miss the small size and easy 7.1 OS (faster for me to input calendar events, creating email, etc, less clicks).
    I was about to give up hope for my newly purchased 9370 (ebay $19). I can replace my backup q10 with this 9370 if I can figure out how to send email (thats all I really need for this phone). Im excited now that I found this post. I need to figure out how to setup email, presently the only option I see in the "setup email" option is for enterprise activation which I believe I can no longer due (becuase of rim turning off support). I tried wiping the phone but it still only offers enterrprise. Any suggestions would be like early xmas for me, luv the old curves. I would be happy if I can use gmail or yahoo or anything even if it costs me a few $'s a month. btw, is anybody still able to use BES on 7.1? Im expecting maybe at best I can use imap or some pop3 setup only.
    03-01-17 11:37 AM
    As a consumer you get BIS. Your company will grant you BES if needed.
    Plenty carriers here still offer BIS, my 9360 still works fine
    03-02-17 10:18 PM