Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default More images of Sedona with Verizon Branding

Last edited by sf49ers; 01-29-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FBF354

Not a fan of the glossy back cover... but I'm glad they're finally phasing out the low res screens in the Curve lineup.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

On second thought I am just disappointed. First, I was really impressed with the concept. Look at the first picture of the Apollo/Sedona:

The front plate looks like ONE solid piece with an imbedded keypad (or 1 solid piece with holes for the keypad). Thats about it. There are no gaps, lines, cracks. Thats what I liked about this concept to begin with. There are no extra buttons. What is more, there is no paint on the buttons. You don't see the CALL/BB/BACK/DROP CALL buttons. I imagined them to be capacitive or something of that sort. Also notice that there is no ink on the keypad. All buttons are black. Here again I thought RIM finally came up with a new style and the letters/symbols would be lit up once you start typing. This concept looks very elegant and rich!

Ok. What has it been after these pics leaked: few days? Now we see how this concept is realized by RIM in their Sedona model.

In your face disappointment right there! There is ink/paint everywhere again. Dont get me wrong, the WHITE on almost all buttons is actually a transparent+white mix as we see on many BB models. What bothers me is that the concept from the previous pic is completely gone! No Black, no single piece front plate, no richness, no elegance. There is a huge gap/crack/line between keypad and CALL/BB/Trackpad/BACK/DROP CALL. There is also some sort of gap all around the screan. The edges of the screen are just not smooth.
    Just when you think BBs would gain some elegance the concepts are entirely overthrown. The Apollo as well as Sedona "live" look just like good old business brick BBs that I will nevertheless use, because nothing beats their productivity, but they have far less style than the bold 9700 series for example. Isn't newer supposed to be improved and better, both in specs and appearance? I just don't see it realized here.

I understand that the appearance might change in the process. RIM would not give away their precious new form factors. They would disguise them as much as possible. On the other hand, a lot of BBs had almost the same, if not the exact same, form factor as the first pics of those devices. I don't have any hope.
    I was actually leaning towards the Apollo because I liked its concept. However, after seeing live pics of the Apollo/Sedona I'll pass and probably just go with the Dakota/Montana -.-
    Last edited by iBerry Lifestyle; 01-29-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    BBM: 330F07C8 PB: 502A65F3

This is perfect...to me.
    "Why be closed minded when the truth always comes to light"
    CrackBerry User

I don't like it
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Looks hot!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

@Ja2bk

You have a point here. It does look like a touch curve with a keyboard. Maybe I just misunderstood, but I believe the leaked renders were associated with the Apollo/Sedona, which then would obviously be wrong.

This is what I wish the front of a Dekota (though slightly bigger) or Curve Touch would look like. It looks very elegant IMHO.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FBF354

Is anyone else disappointed with the light leak in the middle?

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BB.David View Post
    Is anyone else disappointed with the light leak in the middle?
    No, it doesn't bother me.
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    18,262 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

I agree that the concept looked much sleeker than the later pictures and the light leak is excessive.
    That said, I take concepts with a grain of salt. And you can test light leaks at the store. Also, the picture might not be a production unit but rather a test unit that was not meant for release.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Please PM me...

Wonderful BlackBerry,
    none of the curves that release after the 8900 is better than the 8900 itself
    [89xx > 85xx > 93xx] The 89xx is the Best one there with 480x360 Screen Resolution , The rest of them Sucks because they had a 320x240 Screen Resolution

Anyway, This Looks like the Chinas BlackBerry Curve 8980 (This is not a Fake copy!)

If you don't Believe me Click Here!

By the way, The Apollo is the only curve that really beats up the 89xx Line !!
    CrackBerry Abuser

This phone looks good. However if the bezel and the back cover are really this glossy, RIM needs to re-think. The back cover is giving it a very cheap look.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

If the border of the trackpad is really glowing, like it seems in the pic, then RIM heard me! I said this a year back
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't have one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Curvy_8320 View Post
    This phone looks good. However if the bezel and the back cover are really this glossy, RIM needs to re-think. The back cover is giving it a very cheap look.....
    I think it looks really sleek. I like it.
    Pearl 8100 | iPhone3GS | Torch 9800 | iPhone4S

"Women who strive to be equal to men lack ambition." - Anonymous

@_heatherly
    Thanked by:
    wmp.dll (04-18-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,278 Global Posts

Am I missing something... It looks almost identical to the renderings front and back... just missing a side shot for thickness.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I too am dissapointed that it just looks like any ol blackberry. Not to get me wrong. I LOVE any ol BlackBerry!
    But the concept seemed so rich and cool. Like the standart BlackBerry's cool young son.
    Heck, I started liking the concept even more than the Dakota on looks alone. Oh well :/
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,624 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by ja2bk View Post
    Ever consider that those renders are not for this Curve pictured in produced form. I would venture to say that render is for a touch screen Curve w/keyboard. I don't believe this Vz device is touchscreen.
    No, because they have the Bold touch AND the Curve Touch (full touchscreen Curve)... why would they make a curve touch w/ keyboard if the Bold Touch is going to all carriers??

I will say that I also am disappointed in the actual pics. The virtual images looked really really nice! Super thin, super sleek phone... personally for me, I see VERY little difference between this new Curve and the Curve 3G 93XX...

(I'm going to be getting a Bold Touch or Monaco myself, but I still wanted to see if this phone showed any aesthetic promise...)
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry User

Looks like a nice evolution of the Curve 85xx series. I like it. Glad they added a flash for the camera...I don't know why they didn't have a flash for the 85xx.
    CrackBerry User

i really like the look of this actually. I wasn't a massive fan of the 8520, but this looks a lot nicer.
    CrackBerry Addict

Finally flash!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com