Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33317b2E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Just Ordered 9370

So I just ordered my BlackBerry 9370. I used a BlackBerry Pearl 8130 back in the days of Alltel, but I've been using various Android devices on Verizon a little over 3 years. Since I'm working as a contractactor now and I'm basically expected to do work on personally property, its time to put the toys away and do some real work, so typing back to BlackBerry it is.

I went ahead and ordered a Otterbox Defender case and belt clip, what else do I need? For the 8 years I've used cell phones I've had 7 phones and 5 of them I've stopped using because it had problems charging. I was hoping to find a BlackBerry in my price range with wireless charging available, this one not so much.

The other things I have been concerned with is 1.) Ensuring i get access to company (Exchange) email and calendar, email I understand shouldn't be a problem with BB, once I load everything into vzw.blackberry.com, I don't know if Calendar will add any trouble. 2.) I'd also like to sync my personal (gmail) calendars (not all of which are "mine" including friends and Meetup Calendars) to my device, so i can see events at a glance, but don't want these to sync with my corporate calendar (don't want it showing in Outlook to where it bothers me at work, or my boss can see it). 3.) My personal machine is a Debian GNU/Linux desktop box. I have installed Open Sync and Barry and I think I have everything on that. I currently am not synching anything with that, I am using IMAP for my GMAIL with Iceape (Pretty Much Mozilla Seamonkey) but I am willing to consider some more robust options. 4.) My last big concern, and my largest from switching away from android, is I have become addicted to the usability of Google Navigation. Do I have chance?

Any insight would be appreciated.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Pretty sure this doesn't help but my 9360 integrates well with outlook-- including to-do lists etc. It's a great little,etc phone for the price-'specially if you like a physical keyboard.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33317b2E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Just Ordered 9370

Yep I am loving it, still don't have my calendars quite right, but its okay.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk