i am tired of these reboots, freezing all the time. my friend who has an iphone always laugh at me, his iphone runs smoothly, no freezing no unneccessary reboots. am gona buy an iphone very soon. i liked this phone but eish;

BlackBerry 9360 via Tapatalk
    11-09-12 03:06 AM
    And no mention of what you've tried to fix them. Or what apps you have installed. Just the fact that you are intimidated by your friend laughing at you...
    11-09-12 04:49 AM
    Bye.

Good luck.

Note that every platform has its own issue.
    11-09-12 05:27 AM
    Everyone must get what makes him(her) happy. If that�s not BB get something else.
    Life�s too short for unhapiness.
    ritesh and COPiSEN like this.
    11-09-12 05:33 AM
    Don't just write off BlackBerry like that. First off, you can go to the Device Analyzer in OS 7.1 and self-test general issues and then check the CPU and Memory usage in Application Management. That should clue you in to what steps you need to take.
    11-10-12 02:04 PM
    hold the bb button and see how many apps you're running.
    11-10-12 02:25 PM
    Never have the issues the op is having.....but if I did I would be asking cb for a solution not posting a farewell. Good luck with the iphone
    11-10-12 02:47 PM
    i am tired of these reboots, freezing all the time. my friend who has an iphone always laugh at me, his iphone runs smoothly, no freezing no unneccessary reboots. am gona buy an iphone very soon. i liked this phone but eish;

First off, sorry for the issues. I had plenty too, before I switched.

There's a funny thing though ... I discovered the grass wasn't greener on iOS. Less glitchy than BBOS (not really any different than PlayBook IMO) but so not the glorious wonderland Apple fanboys make it out to be.

Among the things I've had trouble with

- App Store crashes, particularly on iOS 6
    - Excrutiatingly sluggish performance on iPod Touches running iOS 5 and iOS 6. People kept telling me how 'buttery sooth' iOS devices are, but this was awful.
    - Random browser crashes
    - Horrid auto-correction in email
    - Endless iTunes sync, disconnect and connection issues for both the iPod and iPhone
    - Airplay perpetually failing to work with my Apple TV as advertised
    - iCloud outages for iMessage
    - Bad battery life on the iPhone 4S
    - SIRI is a pile of junk that I hate and never seems to answer anything properly
    - The maps app has led me to the wrong places
    - the calendar app is sluggish
    - Both the iPhone and iPod routinely lose their connection to devices like my car for no good reason. Often have to reboot.

I don't say this as a Blackberry fanboy. I say this as someone who switched ... iOS devices have their own share of issues and no amount of "oh, but they're so sexy" thinking changes this.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-10-12 03:14 PM
    hate to say it but apart from the browser crashing maybe ten times and it has froze twice no probs as for the freezing issue put the hand set back in the holster and back out and its sorted
    android is just to insecure but very user friendly and cheap and games
    apple you just pay thought the nose for all looks and nothing else new
    blackberry calls, emails and communication
    my point is you buy for what you want
    11-11-12 02:01 PM
    BlackBerrys are made for smart people. iphones are made simple with no real understanding of how it operates. But it's all in your preference. There is no perfect smartphone, only the perfect smartphone for you,
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-11-12 02:26 PM
    Long time BB user, and I have yet to experiance so many of the problems that many complain about. All 3 kids are using my old BB's that I handed down to them as I upgraded and they love them. Sometimes I think more of the issues is user not equipment or software problems. BTW my company changed over to the iphone 3years ago and our IT department hates them with a passion, I decided to keep my BB after 6 months of screwing around with the iphone. But like so many have said, you got to find what works for you.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-11-12 02:48 PM
    BlackBerrys are made for smart people. iphones are made simple with no real understanding of how it operates. But it's all in your preference. There is no perfect smartphone, only the perfect smartphone for you,
    That's an insulting and insensitive point of view. If OP wants to switch, let him (her?) go without some kind of snide "you're not smart enough for BlackBerry" comment. Sounds to me that there are more than technical problems anyway.
    11-11-12 02:53 PM
    Yeah some folks just have issues with their phones. Without any willingness to figure it out it might be best to try something else. I know how it is to simply be "over it".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-11-12 02:59 PM
    Then dont!
    11-12-12 06:08 AM
    i am tired of these whiners, complaining and posting all the time. Their friends who had to buy seven versions of a iphone always laugh at me, his seventh iphone fart apps runs smoothly, no freezing no unneccessary reboots. am gonna get an iphone very soon. i liked this phone but eish;

This is what i see after reading whining posts about your phone and how you have to follow someone else who is laughing at you. I among others are laughing at your whining, hopefully this will prompt you to change that about yourself if people laughing at your phone make you do that. Like seriously, you had to write a post about this? We get it, the older phone is giving you issues. Don't follow the herd, wait for bb10 THEN whine about whatever issues you have, until then suck it up buttercup you have a older os, new one is coming. Have a good day. Sorry for being harsh but we already have posts here like this.
    11-12-12 06:28 AM

to each his own, to bad about the issues. hope the other phone ends up being what you want.
    11-12-12 06:37 AM
    i am tired of its awesomeness, i am also leaving bb7 for bb10
    11-12-12 09:39 AM
    Been there, tried that... even with the few glitches and problems, though, you always come back to what's working for you. The pros of BB far outweigh the cons for me. So far, I've had no issues with my Curve... in the last 24 hours. Perhaps it's something you installed.
    11-13-12 12:34 PM
    @ axeman1000
    you got me wrong. i am not leaving bb not because a friend laughs at me; i stated that i hate unneccessary reboots and freezing. read again what i said, i guess this time you will understand @Thunderbuck, thanks for correcting Maxey05, i hope he/she understands.

11-17-12 04:54 AM
    @ axeman1000
    you got me wrong. i am not leaving bb not because a friend laughs at me; i stated that i hate unneccessary reboots and freezing. read again what i said, i guess this time you will understand @Thunderbuck, thanks for correcting Maxey05, i hope he/she understands.

So do something about it. Back up your Curve via Desktop Manager, re-install the OS and restore. That should fix any issues for reboots or freezing issues. If not you may have a corrupted app. Remove your apps and re-install.

Same procedure I have to use on my kid's ipod touches from time to time when they have these types of problems on their devices. But yeah, as one poster already mentioned above, ask for help first before living with it or simply giving up. Especially if you like the phone.
    11-17-12 05:52 AM
    thanks so much for the suggestion,

11-18-12 12:53 AM
    I never had any problem with crashing or freezing on my last few blackberries.

Then again my first smartphone was the Storm 9530, which forced me to learn maintenance and optimization in order to reduce the frequency of those kind of problems.
    11-19-12 01:10 AM
    @ axeman1000

Sorry you are having so many problems, had many blackberries over the past 6 years never any real issues even after installing a new or beta OS guess I must be lucky
    11-19-12 07:24 AM
    To the OP, "the grass isn't always greener on the other side", buy what you think will will work for you and NOT what works for someone else. Yes, BlackBerry devices have some problems as do other smartphones. Just because BlackBerry devices don't get media attention like other devices doesn't mean they're not excellent communication devices it just means RIM doesn't invest in a decent marketing department.
    11-19-12 07:44 AM
    So do something about it. Back up your Curve via Desktop Manager, re-install the OS and restore.
    I'll second that idea, and especially consider deleting all your third-party apps... and then see how it works. If all goes well, add them back one by one to see if you can isolate the problem app.

"Stock" BB's are capable of running perfectly fine without really ever crashing, although I guess most of us see the spinning clock now and then. But I don't thnk there's an inherent design flaw to BBs, there's just usually some misbehaving installed app or software configuration somewhere.
    11-19-12 08:38 AM