My blackbery curve will not receive calls Texts are OK. Then I found out it is responding to a completely different mobile number? .? Is this a scam perhaps? Can anyone help me please
    01-29-15 08:25 AM
    Just try to dial ##002# to delete all call forwarding.
    01-29-15 08:31 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I have eliminated call forwarding, but the phone is still showing ' line one ........... '. At the top of the screen and this is a completely unrecognised number! If i call in to the blackberry with this number it will ring. I have not accessed the SIM card at all so it is completely baffling.
    01-29-15 03:17 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I have eliminated call forwarding, but the phone is still showing ' line one ........... '. At the top of the screen and this is a completely unrecognised number! If i call in to the blackberry with this number it will ring. I have not accessed the SIM card at all so it is completely baffling.
    What carrier reps are saying about this?
    01-29-15 03:22 PM
    Is it possible to post a screenshot? I don't really know what you see on your device...

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 02:28 AM
    Maybe I know what you mean... Please check the following setting:
    OS6: Options -> device -> advanced system settings -> sim card
    OS5: options -> advanced options -> sim card

If you're there press the BlackBerry key, open 'edit sim phone number' and enter the correct one. But this setting has nothing to do with incoming or outgoing calls. I could enter 001234567 and all incoming calls would be received correctly...

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 02:39 AM
    Really appreciate all your help

Under the Sim card information the new (mystery) number has appeared as the phone number. I was not able to change it.

To compound things I am still receiving texts from contacts using my old (correct ) number? But not calls which have to be directed via the rogue number

My solution is to adopt the new number and inform my few contacts as I am a light user. Alternatively I would like an iphone but don't want to part with �300!

Thanks again .....
    01-30-15 03:20 AM
    Update. It turns out the ' rogue ' number is 18 months old which was aprevious number I had used on this phone. Therefore it may be the SIM card number has been overridden by the phone memory?? Just a guess but would be interested if anyone has an explanation. Why would this happen?

Another strange thing. - All texts incoming are 15 to 30 minutes late after being sent! What is going on here, I wonder?
    Many Thanks
    01-31-15 08:34 AM
    The sim card has nothing to do with the phone number. Your carrier is at fault.

Your phone cannot change the phone number since it is NOT stored on the SIM Card.

Please get in touch with your carrier

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    01-31-15 08:40 AM
    There are two ways you can get the phone number changed. Either get the new connection form the service provider. Or if you want to keep the number but change the service provider then you have to contact the customer care for the same. They will charge a nominal fee for the same
    07-30-15 12:12 AM