So the 9360s were touted to have NFC while the Torches missed out on them, but after a few months of owning the phone I have never come across its use once beyond a Blackberry Tag application with a couple of new contacts. Has anyone managed to find a use for it, or paid for anything using it?
    05-09-13 02:54 AM
    Svelt I had it on my bold 9790 and now on my Z10. I mainly use it to automate tasks with SMS on the Z10. With the 9790 I had a lot more functionality using smart tags. I had it set up using macros to set the alrms for different days of the week activate the light function, send sms and BBM the limits are your imagination i switched off wifi when i entered the car and sent my gf a text message saying i was on my way.

The program i used is Short CUT Me that combined with another program NFC SHORT CUTS allowed me to really make it work to my liking. I'd suggest checking them out it will triple the functionality I presume the 9360 should have the programs available you will need to chack blackberry world.

I still use Shortcut me on the Z10 but the macro functionality is not available hopefully soon.

I have not used it for payments as that is not available in AUS as yet. Honestly I wish it was.

Let me know how you go, I am far from an expert, but I am always here to help. Vijik is the app developer and he is a crackberry member so there is always access to support. Top programs i really miss the macro functionality.

All the best

CO
    05-09-13 03:19 AM
    I been wonderin the same thing. I tried transferrin files on my 9360 bt the damn NFC wont function. not sure if I was doin sumthin wrong. now whats ths about NFC tags??? hmm I will hv to read more on this.
    05-10-13 01:14 PM