Hey all. I currently have an 8530 (had the 8330 before that). Had them for over 3 years and LOVE the curve model. I have been researching the 9350 (hard to find out stuff with all the 9360 phones out there) and I'm trying to decide if the new 9350 is a winner, or if I jump ship and join the android world.

Let me tell my story and see what you guys think. Love this forum btw.

My #1 priority is signal strength/quality and audio performance....yes, making actual phone calls is my first priority. Funny thing about signal, my curve in the store showed -80dBm and the 9350 was dead on same, while the Marquee was sitting at -62, and reviews had said that phone was really good with signal.

Sound quality out of ear piece (and to my sister on other end) sounded decent, not really any major complaints.

I'm not a heavy user, so battery life shouldn't be a big factor, but I am concerned when there's talk of overheating. I worked in a corporate Sprint store and know some 8530's had over heat problems, but it seemed to be hit or miss as me and my wife have gone over 20 months with the 8530 with no problems.

I like the new curve, but like with my current one, the weak signal is often a concern. And i like that it and the Marquee are both 3G phones (avoid the 4G tax).

I dont know if i'm looking at android out of curiosity to try something new, or if i'm getting nervous that RIM is struggling and wonder what the future holds.

I know i'll get a case for either phone, one to protect it and two, to make it thicker as it just seems too darn thin to be functional.

BB was the first smart phone I had and I feel like up to now I have been loyal. There's a lot to love with the new curve.....just wish there were more users of the CDMA version as the GSM model does little to help me when it comes to reviewing specs.

So all you Sprint 9350 users out there, let me know how past signal issues and this one have done for you. I know phones drop calls sooner or later and conditions vary. Just like to hear what owners say to get a real world view rather than those commercial sites that do quick reviews and move on.

Sorry for the long post, hope to do more reading and posting in the days to come.
    12-05-11 03:15 PM
    The 9350 is a good device. The keyboard is a little more roomy than the older Curves. Signal strength is good for me, even in a low coverage area, I rarley drop a call. I sometimes have trouble holding a 3g signal and it drops to 2g.

Another bonus is the ability to remove or limit permission on the Carrier IQ that Sprint has amitted to installing.

I'm not on Sprint but I am very pleased with the performance of my 9350.
    12-07-11 02:34 PM
    I just got this phone last nite and love it so far have had a blackberrry for awhile but like this one the best. I am in a low signal area and so far have had not a issue with the calls dropping on this phone. I tried android but did not like the touchscreen and the fact that it did not have the notification light and i really like that about blackberry guess i will always be a blackberry user. Also one thing that was important to me was the calendar app it is so much better on the blackberry does everything i need it to do overall a great phone battery not to bad.
    12-30-11 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD