Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Facebook Birthday Reminder Alerts

Good day.

I don't know if someone asked this before or gave an appropriate solution but I couldn't find one so I'm asking.

I downloaded the new Facebook app with the option to add your birthday reminders to the Calender, which is good but now this is my problem. I set the reminder alerts on my calender to go off at a certain time of day to remind me but nothing happens and I don't know what settings to go change to fix this. I saw that when I select a single reminder (or reminder series for a single person's birthday) it indicates that the reminder setting is none and when I select this it just gives me times from 0 min to days to a week. I assume this is how to activate the actual reminder alert but there must be a better way to activate these alerts than to do it one by one.

Can anyone tell me how to activate these reminder alerts to sound, vibrate and flash as I set it for all the reminders that are now synced and use these settings as the reminders change and new ones get added.

Thank you
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Facebook Birthday Reminder Alerts

Quote Originally Posted by Syckes View Post
    Good day.

I don't know if someone asked this before or gave an appropriate solution but I couldn't find one so I'm asking.

I downloaded the new Facebook app with the option to add your birthday reminders to the Calender, which is good but now this is my problem. I set the reminder alerts on my calender to go off at a certain time of day to remind me but nothing happens and I don't know what settings to go change to fix this. I saw that when I select a single reminder (or reminder series for a single person's birthday) it indicates that the reminder setting is none and when I select this it just gives me times from 0 min to days to a week. I assume this is how to activate the actual reminder alert but there must be a better way to activate these alerts than to do it one by one.

Can anyone tell me how to activate these reminder alerts to sound, vibrate and flash as I set it for all the reminders that are now synced and use these settings as the reminders change and new ones get added.

Thank you
    I'm facing the same problem. I'm using a Blackberry Style 9670 with the latest OS & latest facebook app. I think the problem started after updating to the latest facebook app. Is there a way around to changing all the 500 contacts individually? Are we the only two chaps there facing this annoying problem?

Edit:
    I've already re-synced with different reminder settings (facebook & calendar app) & the current default reminder is set to 15 minutes (Previous to the update, it used to remind me at 23:45)