Hey Everyone,

Tried out a DIY project that I saw on the XDA forum, you can see the thread here: [DIY] "Brushed Metal (-esque)" Battery Door - xda-developers.

The Nexus S has a similar shiny black battery cover as the 9360. It's a pretty big complaint of that phone that the shiny back attracts tons of fingerprints. This is pretty much the same for the 9360, so I tried this method for making the back look like brushes aluminum and it turned out awesome! You can see the process at the thread I linked up there.

Pictures are attached. It looks amazing - the device looks very high end now.
    11-27-11 06:30 PM
    Wow, it would look much better if RIM produced all their battery covers like that for the Curve line.
    camacho.kyle likes this.
    11-27-11 06:36 PM
    Ya that is pretty sweet.
    11-27-11 06:38 PM
    Interesting, not sure its my cup of tea but it is another option at least. Personally I'd go the case route before doing that. Although I have been considering trying the BodyGuardz Carbon Fiber Armor. Has anyone used these before? I like that you can get different colors; I may try the white myself: BlackBerry Curve 9350/9360/9370 Armor Carbon Fiber protectors by BodyGuardz
    11-27-11 10:23 PM
    That looks good and better than stock.

How did you wetsand in between the BB logo? Or did you wetsand the BB logo completely?
    Last edited by heplock; 11-27-11 at 11:15 PM.
    11-27-11 11:07 PM
    Thanks guys, I'm really liking it, very reminiscent of the 8900. And it also feels better than the shiny plastic.

heplock - I don't know if you can notice in the pics, but the BB logo is actually white. I was originally trying to be careful around it, but eventually just sanded right on it cause there's no way to avoid scratching the silver off in this process. So I guess underneath the silver is white!

It actually looks really nice white, it looks unique and has nice contrast with the burshed look.
    11-27-11 11:23 PM
    Wow, that is just plain gorgeous! I'm definitely gonna try that out once I get my hands on a 9360 once my contract expires
    11-30-11 05:52 AM
    Hi quick question, in the original thread they mentioned 2 types of sandpaper. Which one(s) did you use? And do you just wipe it with water after the sanding? The cover looks amazing btw. I cant wait to try this with mine.
    12-27-11 10:11 PM
    Did this mod and its awesome!
    01-16-12 07:42 AM
    Wow! thats nice, would love to try it as well,

Here mine its like the armor by body guardz, although this was a DIY,

Last edited by kramnod; 01-16-12 at 07:10 PM.
    jeosef likes this.
    01-16-12 07:07 PM
    @kramnod, that was a DIY? That's insanely awesome.
    01-16-12 08:56 PM
    @TheRealFixxxer

yes, just grab a carbon fiber sticker and a sharp cutter, and be ready with a steady hand and that's it. You also need a bit of patience, haha.

BTW, the sticker used are the one's that are also used in cars (carbon fiber hoods, mostly)
    01-17-12 01:34 AM
    @kramnod
    nice work bro. will bbm you soon again to ask updates about the shrinked firmware that you are using. hehe. MoN here.
    01-17-12 10:28 AM
    @kramnod

just noticed that were using the same network provider "globe" haha!

i'll try that carbon DIY its awesome bro
    01-18-12 07:51 AM
    One Day when my cover gets really scratched ill do that .
    01-19-12 06:34 AM
    Hey guys,

I checked out the carbon fiber covers for the Blackberrys, and ended up finding this website - iPhone Skins, iPad Skins, Macbook Skins, Kindle Skins, Blackberry Skins and more at iStyles - anyone used their stuff? They look really cool, but I wonder if they'll actually help in protecting the phone like BodyGuardz says their covers will.
    02-08-12 12:26 AM
    Hey Everyone,

Tried out a DIY project that I saw on the XDA forum, you can see the thread here: [DIY] "Brushed Metal (-esque)" Battery Door - xda-developers.

The Nexus S has a similar shiny black battery cover as the 9360. It's a pretty big complaint of that phone that the shiny back attracts tons of fingerprints. This is pretty much the same for the 9360, so I tried this method for making the back look like brushes aluminum and it turned out awesome! You can see the process at the thread I linked up there.

Pictures are attached. It looks amazing - the device looks very high end now.

Holy shiiiii, that looks beautiful bro! Haha! If RIM made the back like this in the first place, but like metal or aluminum it would make the phone feel more a lot more strudy, and not like a kiddy toy phone -_-. Nice post man.
    Last edited by camacho.kyle; 02-16-12 at 05:34 AM.
    02-16-12 05:32 AM
    Thoughts/suggestions/viewpoints anyone?

Hey guys,

I checked out the carbon fiber covers for the Blackberrys, and ended up finding this website - iPhone Skins, iPad Skins, Macbook Skins, Kindle Skins, Blackberry Skins and more at iStyles - anyone used their stuff? They look really cool, but I wonder if they'll actually help in protecting the phone like BodyGuardz says their covers will.
    02-23-12 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD