oh...my...god!!
    Can someone please tell me why I'm getting charged for data when I have the data turned off 24/7 and only listen to the FM radio and used wifi twice for 5 minutes each time....with the data turned off!

when I first got a bb years ago. this was happening, I don't use the phone for anything other than calling and texts. so i put a data block on.

recently, i tried an HTC for a week and took the data block off, and got a $5 add-on (for picture texting...rep said as a safety net)...I still kept it turned off on the phone listened to the radio everyday, used wifi twice to send an email...sent 4 or 5 pictures, (turning data on and off to do so).....and never saw a charge

yesterday, i went back to the bb, but have never used a bb for anything it offers other than talking and texting.....in the last 24 hours I've listened to the FM radio, used wifi once for 3 minutes.....and already, I've used 0.1MB of data.....with the data turned off and not once turned on!!!
    do i need to put the data block back on....AND why is this happening. Koodo doesn't seem to have a clue as I've spoken to at least a dozen reps about this.
    please can someone explain this to me....?
    01-24-13 10:42 PM