Hi there!

I have just received my new Curve 9360 and so far i love it. my previous phone was a QWERTY Nokia phone so i can't help but (sort of) compare the features.

I have some queries and i wish to ask for help please:

1. I have activated my BBM. say if i have 10 people on my BBM messaging and (as stupid as it may sound) how can i determine which one is which one sending a message?

2. Is there a way to quickly put the phone on silent mode and then put it back on on "normal" mode?

3. Is there a way to quickly access all my apps by say swiping the center menu key up rather than clicking the Blackberry symbol?

4. When i went to Blackberry World some of my apps have an "upgrade available". i noticed that the phone sort of slows down whilst i was downloading the update. i also cannot go back to the previous menu window or the main menu. is this behaviour normal?

5. Is Wifi the faster and better way to download/update my apps?

6. Any tips on how to make my phone faster or make my battery life last long?

Please advice.

Thank you.
    04-07-12 08:24 AM
    For lots of good beginning help checkout BB101 http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-1...lecture-series

1 A chat will open for the contact sending a BBM.

2 Profiles may be changed from the home screen. For silence I use a meeting setting and then back to normal on leaving.

Best I can do right now. Good luck.
    gino_76ph likes this.
    04-07-12 08:32 AM
    When my wife messages me and another one did all I can see are the BBM IDs which are the numbers and letters and no names?

Why is that?

And is there such a thing as Profiles in a BBphone just like a Nokia?
    Last edited by gino_76ph; 04-07-12 at 10:30 AM.
    04-07-12 10:26 AM
    Hi there!

1. I have activated my BBM. say if i have 10 people on my BBM messaging and (as stupid as it may sound) how can i determine which one is which one sending a message?

Looking at your 2nd post, it seems that you can only see the pin's of your contacts. Try doing a battery pull ( remove cover and remove battery when the phone is on or off and put it back after 10 seconds. It will reboot. Then check if you can see the BBM contacts name instead of his/her pin).

2. Is there a way to quickly put the phone on silent mode and then put it back on on "normal" mode?

The # or Q key toggles between vibrate and normal

3. Is there a way to quickly access all my apps by say swiping the center menu key up rather than clicking the Blackberry symbol?

If you quickly double press the BB menu key, all your grid will be up. Alternatively, you can select whether you want a single line (6 shortcuts) dock or a double line ( 12 shortcuts) dock on your homescreen.Press BB menu once>Options>Number of icon rows.

4. When i went to Blackberry World some of my apps have an "upgrade available". i noticed that the phone sort of slows down whilst i was downloading the update. i also cannot go back to the previous menu window or the main menu. is this behaviour normal?

Yes. That is normal. An ongoing download in the appworld will slow your phone.

5. Is Wifi the faster and better way to download/update my apps?

I use wi-fi,since I dont have 3G when downloading apps. It seems definitely faster than EDGE speeds.

6. Any tips on how to make my phone faster or make my battery life last long?

Close all unnecessary apps by long pressing the BB menu key and checking what is open. A few like messages, BBM, browser,home,phone can't be closed.

10 characters
    gino_76ph likes this.
    04-08-12 01:43 AM

And is there such a thing as Profiles in a BBphone just like a Nokia?
    Yup fully customizable profiles. Click on your speaker icon on the left hand top side and " Change Sound and alerts".
    You can customize all your profiles.
    gino_76ph likes this.
    04-08-12 01:46 AM
    I noticed the battery seems to lose a lot i.e. have a short battery life.

after a full charge and after minimal use (texting friends, downloaded/updated some apps and nothing else) the battery is down to only a third (or even less) after 24 hours. this is also whilst using wifi while i'm at home.

Is that normal or expected? because i thought that is short.
    Last edited by gino_76ph; 04-08-12 at 12:56 PM.
    04-08-12 12:48 PM
    I noticed the battery seems to lose a lot i.e. have a short battery life.

after a full charge and after minimal use (texting friends, downloaded/updated some apps and nothing else) the battery is down to only a third (or even less) after 24 hours. this is also whilst using wifi while i'm at home.

Is that normal or expected? because i thought that is short.
    You need to upgrade your OS.

I bought Curve 9360 (OS 7.0), I didn't notice that the battery life last an hour, maybe 3-4 hours or less and at the back I notice the battery was hot (you can now fried an egg). LOL! Just kidding. So I search forums that I can ask or got idea/solution. I read all about the 9360 issues and I come up to upgrade my OS. The thing is I don't know how to upgrade. So after 1 week, I finally learn how to upgrade a leaked OS. When it's done, I observed all the issues in my handset. Now my battery last long up to 2 days. And the heat issue? Was gone. (Not totally gone), I experienced it when I use Foursquare with GPRS signal. But this time I'm going to wait when there is a new update for my carrier.

04-09-12 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD