Hi, I've been reading so many complaints about the life (or lack of) from the new EM1 battery for the Curve 9360. My provider won't accept around 5 hours life is unreasonable so I'm looking at solutions until RIM either bring out an 'EM1A' upgraded capacity or if they can tweak OS7 to reduce its consumption...

An additional problem is I have an Otterbox case and it's just not practical to keep on removing this every time I need to swap over a charged EM1 battery. I know it will eventually lose it's rigidity.

I was looking at the EM1 charger bundles, consisting of a (second) EM1 battery, charger unit (that the EM1 slips into) and Y-piece micro usb cable.

Question: Can the Curve be powered and run from this 'portable' charger unit (assuming the back-up EM1 battery is fully charged) via the micro usb port?
    I accept this would only give another 1000mAh but i'm thinking it's gonna be easy to re-charge both batteries at the same time overnight and it's a small neat portable power-pack.

Any thoughts, most appreciated?
    11-09-11 01:31 PM
    I had similar problems with firmware version 7.0.0, upgraded to 7.1.0 and now getting two days on a single charge. Hope this helps
    alex20 likes this.
    04-02-12 05:16 PM
    Seconded - upgrade your OS to 7.1 and the battery is much better
    04-03-12 04:33 AM
    two days on a single charge ? do you use Auto Off feature ?

I had similar problems with firmware version 7.0.0, upgraded to 7.1.0 and now getting two days on a single charge. Hope this helps
    04-03-12 04:43 AM
    2days? On a single charge? LoL..... I find that hard to believe, unless if u charge and turn off all data network lol or maybe u don't have any apps installed.
    BlackGuy likes this.
    04-03-12 10:10 AM
    Hi, I've been reading so many complaints about the life (or lack of) from the new EM1 battery for the Curve 9360. My provider won't accept around 5 hours life is unreasonable so I'm looking at solutions until RIM either bring out an 'EM1A' upgraded capacity or if they can tweak OS7 to reduce its consumption...

An additional problem is I have an Otterbox case and it's just not practical to keep on removing this every time I need to swap over a charged EM1 battery. I know it will eventually lose it's rigidity.

I was looking at the EM1 charger bundles, consisting of a (second) EM1 battery, charger unit (that the EM1 slips into) and Y-piece micro usb cable.

Question: Can the Curve be powered and run from this 'portable' charger unit (assuming the back-up EM1 battery is fully charged) via the micro usb port?
    I accept this would only give another 1000mAh but i'm thinking it's gonna be easy to re-charge both batteries at the same time overnight and it's a small neat portable power-pack.

Any thoughts, most appreciated?

There is also an option of buying an external battery powerpack that lets you charge a multitude of handhelds using usb-microusb cable.

Basically it has a large capacity battery inside a casing. You charge the powerpack so you can use it when you are low on battery.

In my opinion, better than carrying around another battery and constantly prying the battery cover.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360
    04-04-12 01:42 AM
    i've been trying to update my 9360 to os7.1. how can i do that?
    04-04-12 02:55 AM
    i've been trying to update my 9360 to os7.1. how can i do that?
    Search these forums, usually entering 'blackberry 101' will bring up the lists you need. go through them step-by-step. good luck, will seem confusing at first but you'll get it.
    04-04-12 03:36 AM
    Just power down during night.
    04-04-12 03:41 PM
    2days? On a single charge? LoL..... I find that hard to believe, unless if u charge and turn off all data network lol or maybe u don't have any apps installed.
    Just power down during night.
    60% so far. In morning I will have around 50%.
    Yes two day charge. Of normal use.
    04-04-12 03:43 PM

I agree ^^^ Ain't no way.
    04-18-12 08:49 PM
    2 days is possible. I did about 60 hours - normal use. No Facebook and twitter, but a lot of calling and surfing, and of course checking my emails.
    I don�t use Auto Off and don�t turn off my phone for the night. I just turn off any connection and lock the phone from the key lock button. In the morning I have 2-3% less battery than in the evening.
    My phone is always on 2G (except for the nights), Battery Saving Mode always on. I was connected for a couple of hours to my WLAN.
    I always charge my phone when it shows under 10% battery life.
    My OS is 7.1.258
    Best Regards
    abico likes this.
    04-20-12 03:07 AM
    2 days is possible. I did about 60 hours - normal use. No Facebook and twitter, but a lot of calling and surfing, and of course checking my emails.
    I don�t use Auto Off and don�t turn off my phone for the night. I just turn off any connection and lock the phone from the key lock button. In the morning I have 2-3% less battery than in the evening.
    My phone is always on 2G (except for the nights), Battery Saving Mode always on. I was connected for a couple of hours to my WLAN.
    I always charge my phone when it shows under 10% battery life.
    My OS is 7.1.258
    Best Regards
    Very nice email. May you guide how to get mentioned os. Thanks
    04-20-12 05:37 AM
    Very nice email. May you guide how to get mentioned os. Thanks
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B9D07943D855AB

Here you can download this version. It is not the newest one and I can not compare it to .342 or .336. I have never used them. About the last one .336 I have heard that it works very good regarding the battery life.
    Maybe I have to say I do not have BIS/BES option. During the mentioned period (60 hours) I did not use Shang Mail. I have it installed but I am not using it. I've been using Shang Mail and the battery life was about the 50 hours. One more thing, my phone is only 3 weeks old and the battery is getting better after every charge (should be at least) and that is why my reviews are probably not very accurate.
    04-20-12 06:09 AM
    Yeah i think the 7.1 upgrade has really boosted the battery life of the Curve 9360.
    04-20-12 07:53 AM
    hey ive tried to upgrade my 9360 but it isnt coming. from my phone or my computer.. help!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 01:53 AM
    hey ive tried to upgrade my 9360 but it isnt coming. from my phone or my computer.. help!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    You need to delete two (2) "Vendor.xml"
    04-27-12 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD