My Curve 9300 has been undergoing problems in the last few days.

The clock thing that it shows when it is busy keeps appearing, even when I'm not doing anything on it, and in spite of recent battery pulls.

Tied to this problem is a battery drain issue. I'm a heavy user of my blackberry and am used to having a battery life of less than a day, but it is now draining in the space of 3-4 hours or less. Worse, even when I put the phone on standby mode before sleep after fully charging it, the battery drains while on standby so when I woke up there is next to nothing left, which is running the risk not having enough power to sound my alarm before work.

Does anyone have any ideas of why this is happening and how I can fix it?
    05-16-12 04:04 AM
    If you hold down the BB menu bottom down on the front of your phone, does it show which programs are running in the background? You might check there a couple times of day to see what's running.
    05-16-12 04:47 AM
    I do have a few running all the time, but this has never been a problem before. Even though I've started closing programmes when I'm not using them I'm still having the clock/ battery drain issue.
    05-16-12 05:31 AM
    Flash your phone to a latest firmware.hope it solves d prob
    05-16-12 06:02 AM
    What's a firmware?
    05-16-12 06:18 AM
    i'm having the same slow running issue. i have no programs running. every time i use the keyboard the little black clock pops up and i wait to continue. wazup?
    05-16-12 06:26 AM
    i got my speed back by going to TOOLS then ADVANCED OPTIONS then WIRELESS UPDATE. follow the instructions for the update and REPLACE your version with the same version. it's your only option on a older phone. i suspect the version running is a little corrupted.
    05-17-12 05:50 AM
    Thank,s this was all helpful info
    05-17-12 10:23 AM
    I got mine about two days ago and I found the same issues.
    Were you able to fix those with these suggestions?
    05-31-12 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD