Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Contacts from android to blackberry

I have an HTC desire HD and i wanna transfer all the contacts from this phone to my new phone i.e blackberry curve 9360
    I must mention that i dont have blackberry services enabled yet but i do have wifi on the phone and a laptop to help me through

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    PIN
    75E06EB6

you can back up the contacts to your sim card then put it in your blackberry save them to phone, sync with outlook by changing blackberry device manager to sync with outlook or use the device switch wizard
    I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
    I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry9360user View Post
    you can back up the contacts to your sim card then put it in your blackberry save them to phone, sync with outlook by changing blackberry device manager to sync with outlook or use the device switch wizard
    I have 400 plus contacts they wont manage into the sim memory

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,551 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Could try syncing with Outlook or even Widows Contacts. Both will sync with Windows Contacts. As a last resort, GMail Sync. But be warned your addresses on the BB may be hosed.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

How do i sync my gmail contacts with windows contacts? :s

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    PIN
    75E06EB6

just use this video to switch from your htc to your new phone

download device switch is found on the blackberry desktop manager
    I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
    I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

I'm new to BlackBerry(don't even have my 9350 yet) but can't you just sync your GMail to the phone and have the phone sync down the contacts? That would prevent you from having to download some app or use the desktop. This is assuming they are GMail contacts and not phone contacts. This is the link I found on it, it's for 5.0 but it should still apply:

How to synchronize your Gmail Calendar and Contacts with your BlackBerry smartphone «Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding!
    I choose to look at the glass half full instead of empty.

My opinions are my own. I'm just a guy in a chair with no real position of authority
    Thanked by:
    ridesno159 (09-25-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

if u simply wanna sync gmail contacts to blackberry then there's an app called google sync available at http://m.google.com/sync

that exactly solves ur problem...
    Thanked by:
    prospect565 (09-27-2012) 
  9. 2c
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry9360user View Post
    i have stored upto 60 contacts in the sim card and after that it says memory full and on sim only one number can be saved for one person.

lets say if i have a work number, home number and mobile number along with my e mail id the contact will be saved 3 times, not a practical solution when one have 300+ contacts with multiple contact numbers.