Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bought 2 BB 9360 and they both overheat. Anyone else?

Just bought 2 of the new 9360 and they both overheat no matter what you do on them. Anyone else with this problem?

What should I do?

PLEASE HELP I am thinking about changing them with 2 9780... the good old stuff...
    Last edited by Bratu; 11-04-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    Watch the throne.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,774 Global Posts

Do they shut down due to heat or just get warm?

How hot exactly? warm, painful to hold, impossible to hold, or is the plastic melting?
    If it's not the latter three, then it's normal (though the latest software update helps)
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > WebOS > iOS > Android > Symbian > Meego
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Bratu View Post
    Just bought 2 of the new 9360 and they both overheat no matter what you do on them. Anyone else with this problem?

What should I do?

PLEASE HELP I am thinking about changing them with 2 9780... the good old stuff...
    Nothing to do. they heat up because they suck. My experience is that BBM and running apps are the worst offenders because each requires the blackberry to actually do something on a sustained basis, so one fix is just to not use the blackberry like you would want to (though of course that sort of defeats the purpose of having one).

On the other hand, I guess RIM built in a "fix" to the overheating problem by putting in an inadequate battery - the heat problem goes away once the battery dies ...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Your stupid aren't you? If the battery dies then obviously will go away lolz. No idea try to reboot at least 3 times and wipe the phone. Try to update the OS. If that doesn't work then looks like its some defect. My phone never goes hot except for the time I watch youtube videos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com