I was wondering what the boot time is like with the Curve 9370. I have a Curve 8530 now, and it takes about 10 minutes for it to reboot, which is ridiculous. Is the boot time better with OS 7 and the Curve 9370? How does it compare to OS 6 on the Curve 9330?

My 8530 is on its last legs; I'm torn between just picking up an cheap off-contract 9330 so that I'm eligible for a Verizon upgrade when the BB10 phones come out, but am also intrigued by the 9370 and may pull the trigger once Verizon finally releases OS 7.1 and I can see whether FM radio is included on the 9370 like it was with the 9360.

Thanks for any insight.
    02-04-12 03:02 PM
    I'm on the 9360, but my phone fires up in about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. 10 minutes is quite excessive and I would not be too happy with waiting that long.

Of course, RIM could have been a little less malicious with how difficult it is to get the battery cover off this phone. They know their phones are prone to battery pulls so why make access to the battery so difficult?
    02-04-12 03:23 PM
    2.5 minutes on the 9370 as well. My old 8530 took about 5 minutes just now, but I remember it seemed to take forever.

The 9370's battery cover is not intuitive, but it's easy once you figure it out---a firm thumbnail along the edge, between the USB connector and the Answer button.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 02-04-12 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added blurb re cover
    02-04-12 04:19 PM
    My 9360 takes the p*** booting up. I do have quite the number of apps installed and I don't perform battery pulls as often as I used to on my older BlackBerry (8310, 9000)

How many apps do you guys have installed?
    02-04-12 06:09 PM
    I have a whopping zero apps installed.

I don't generally download any apps. I just use my Berry for communication purposes. I had an Android phone which we all know is far better for apps, (at least for the amount of apps; quantity doesn't equate quality) but I never bothered downloading apps on that phone either.

I then asked myself; why do I use a clumsy insecure phone just to do what a Berry does far better?
    02-04-12 06:31 PM
    I have about 10 apps not included whne installing an os. My boot time is rougly 2:20ish give or take.
    My bold 9900 booted in 1:10 with no apps installed when I had it.
    02-04-12 08:07 PM
    I'm gonna check on this whole shrinking the OS business and see how it goes from there. Personally, the 7.1 leak hasn't been the best OS on the 9360.
    02-05-12 03:08 AM
    My 9360 takes the p*** booting up. I do have quite the number of apps installed and I don't perform battery pulls as often as I used to on my older BlackBerry (8310, 9000)

I guess that U just have to get used to is , the best solution for this is to reboot in a time that you don't need to use your BB , like when you wake up , do a Battery Pull and then go To the bathroom , or take breakfast , and you will not feel it at all ( if you use your BB in the bathroom, I recommend you to read kevins book , it's very helpfull )
    02-05-12 12:09 PM
    If every reboot was a scheduled reboot, that'd be a decent workaround, but most of my reboots are unexpected. Until I crammed some paper behind the battery to help hold it in place, my 8530 would reboot if bumped even slightly. This happened a fair amount at the gym, so I could time how long it took for the phone to reboot by watching the minutes tick by on the exercise bike. 10 minutes is not an exaggeration. After reading some posts here, I tried removing about a dozen apps that I don't use (Pandora, Angry Farm, etc.) and it made no difference in boot time. Still 10 minutes. Maybe my 16 GB micro SD card adds to the boot time, I don't know.

To some extent, if the 9370 is more reliable than my 8530 is now, it's not a huge issue, it is just amazing that the phone takes so long to boot, especially compared to the Droids & iPhone. For me, the battery life and data plan efficiency that allows me to use the $15 data plan from Verizon are the key factors, so the choice for my next phone isn't really BB vs Droid or iPhone, it's new BB7 (9370) vs used BB6 (Curve 9330) & wait for BB10.

I guess that U just have to get used to is , the best solution for this is to reboot in a time that you don't need to use your BB , like when you wake up , do a Battery Pull and then go To the bathroom , or take breakfast , and you will not feel it at all ( if you use your BB in the bathroom, I recommend you to read kevins book , it's very helpfull )
    02-05-12 02:58 PM
    The scheduled reboot sounds like a good idea, to be honest! Oh, you got a link for that?
    02-05-12 03:33 PM
    I remeber seeing an app that does scheduled reeboots , but I don't remember the name , just look it up in app world , I'm sure you'll end up with some thing .
    02-05-12 09:03 PM
    for me from the bb logo to the main screen is 5mins and 13secs. thats a little long... but i guess its alright. will consider this shrinking deal....
    02-06-12 07:18 PM
    mine is on its good legs (curve 8530) and it takes friggen 10 min too to turn on wtf..... as well as why the fuk does it have to restart everytime i delete an app wtf i should have stayed with android....
    Last edited by JC Bittner; 12-30-12 at 09:56 PM. Reason: crap
    12-30-12 09:50 PM
    mine is on its good legs and it takes friggen 10 min too to turn on wtf..... as well as why the fuk does it have to restart everytime i delete an app wtf i should have stayed with android
    12-30-12 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD